Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
I love Windows Key + Shift + S — draw box, CTRL V. I do this all the time at work. :)
ios could have a "cut selected" option in the cut and paste dialogue then allow you
to trace a rectangular selection. Text cut and paste is even worse! What a chore!

OdT22

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
ios could have a "cut selected" option in the cut and paste dialogue then allow you
to trace a rectangular selection. Text cut and paste is even worse! What a chore!

Agreed on text selection. That’s why iOS needs to mature. Definite drawback.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Press two buttons (power & volume) at the same time. It’s on your “clipboard”. Quite a bit faster than a second.

Edit, I don’t know which iOS device you’re using, but if it has a home button, press it at the same time as another. Same result.
the entire page is on your clipboard! then you have to tap the small image, select and--then--copy.
Also grabbing the home button and volume is disruptive: god know what's happening on 2018 ipp's

OdT22

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
the entire page is on your clipboard! then you have to tap the small image, select and--then--copy.
Also grabbing the home button and volume is disruptive: god know what's happening on 2018 ipp's

IDK.. it works very well for me. Cropping and or Markup of images stolen from the screen is actually very fluid in my workflow. But it did require much adjustment and waiting for iOS to evolve in to what it is today. Now, windows slows me down on that task. It was a process for sure. Good luck.

Reactions: Hym tix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.