Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Another vote for Noiseware. I haven't done any photography in ages *sob cry sob* but when I do and I use a high ISO and it is somewhat too grainy then I will use Noiseware.

Loves it! :D

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Well if you haven't heard of it, that says volumes about your experience in the area of noise reduction.....

My point is that either noiseware or Noiseninja are state of the art. They have slight differences in interface and features, but overall they both do a great job and I would strongly suggest you don't waste time spending hours searching for something better - it doesn't exist. Like it or not, move on with your life.

http://www.martytdx.com/zealot/archives/2006/02/08/noise-reduction-and-i-dont-mean-shooting-the-band

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Well if you haven't heard of it, that says volumes about your experience in the area of noise reduction.....

That's true, I can't argue with that. I apologise. I just wish you could have justified your original statement rather than just saying it so simply - hopefully you can understand my perspective on this.

^^^compuwar's link is helpful. The reviewer is quite funny:

Final Results

Well, it’s not a fair fight because I only did two programs in round 1, and 5 in the next two rounds. But I’m not a supreme court judge, I’m a guy playing with camera equipment. So…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.