Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Mac Mini update come one 1.5ghz or those crazy rumors of G5 minis

o that woudl rock on my grandmoms 42'' plasma TV!

post 500!!

party :D

edit i can't add a pic under my name y???

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
The 17" Powerbook needs for power for the price. An update is already 2 months over due. It been about 8 months since the last minor update.

MacPassion

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2005
OZ
Tera said:
I am getting the 12 inch because it is the best for the purse!

Great! I'm thinking about the 12'' too...Its the best value for money at the moment...Cinema display? it is great.....but a bit expensive for now....does it work well with the laptop? is there any delay on the display/opening documents, etc?

KittenKrusher

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
I recently bought one of them overpriced 17"ers.

I swear if a new one comes out with a better display within a week or two...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
KittenKrusher said:

The good part is that you are enjoying you Mac. Don't think there will be anything that special.

Tomorrow is another Tuesday with endless possibilities.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
KittenKrusher said:

You have 10 days to get the difference back.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
chucknorris said:
Probably, but Apple's a good scapegoat.

Seriously though, I don't think Apple was exaggerating their frustrations with current processor suppliers. The G4 seems so terribly stalled with the bus speed remaining nearly laughably bad.

The G5 was very advanced when it came out, but it can now only hold its own among high-end processors for certain tasks. Not to mention the fact that IBM was never able to make it smaller, cooler and less power-hungry for use in portables.

I think (hope) Apple's product pipeline will move much faster once the era of Intel starts. I can imagine we'll also see MUCH more variety among the Macs, including actual choice of processor with built-to-order computers.

I agree with everything you said. I like the idea of less form factor variation but more choice about the internal components.

Tera

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2005
MacPassion said:
Great! I'm thinking about the 12'' too...Its the best value for money at the moment...Cinema display? it is great.....but a bit expensive for now....does it work well with the laptop? is there any delay on the display/opening documents, etc?

I am going to order my PB tonight (just in case there is an update until 9pm) but I have tried it with my old ibook and there is no delay but I am not sure if it the same case with the PB. I have tried my boyfriends powerbook 12 inch on his 40 inch plasma and it is wonderful...lay back on the couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse!! ahhhh I can't wait for mine!

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Yea defintely excited, i mean it is a Tuesday and 9am EST does have to arrive therefore they must release something! I can't wait!

Oh yea it's 3:40 EST and they didn't release anything. Are people going to start getting antsy every Monday because they honestly think Apple is going to release something the next day? If that is the case you all must have been let down about 99% of the Tuesdays we've had this year.

lexfuzo

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
The heart of Europe
iDM said:
iPod 3rd Gen 20gig(stolen)
Shuffle 1gig

Oh boy, you shouldn't put it in your sig that you steal iPods... ;)

Fender

macrumors regular
May 9, 2004
Toronto, CANADA
Another day gone by with no updates. I think I'll just cave in and get the 15" and let that be the end of it. If they come out with updates next week, or the week after I'll just get the difference back and be happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.