Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
I tried all of the below options. Accessibility,Text size slide but that did not work ??

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Did you try this:

1714604869036.png

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
If you want it to just look bigger on screen, hold down the command key and press the + on the keyboard until it's the size you want on the screen. Same but - for smaller and if you're using a mouse then it's command and scroll the mouse wheel.

Reactions: MacCheetah3

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
There are several ways to set the size or magnification for text in different parts of the mac experience. Here are some of the basics, and in the order I think it's best you try:

Screen resolution in System Settings.
Just click on the little size icons and the display will immediately change the number of pixels, so; fewer pixels means bigger icons, windows, menu bar, everything. Set it to what works for you. You can also have it show more resolution option by ctrl-clicking (IIRC), and it will show resoution numbers. (Like, I have my displays set to 1600x900, lets me read text on my 55" from across the room.)

Finder windows have options for setting sizes of icons, font (unfortunately limited to 16points) etc for the currently active window. Cmnd-J or 'View' menu. It also includes an option to 'use as default'. This also works on how the desktop items are shown.

Individual apps might have their own settings for display size. Especially relevant for browser apps. In Firefox, I can set a zoom factor for graphical items and another zoom factor for all text on a page, and also set a preferred default. I have all my pages open in 130% zoom, makes most web sites fill the screen. Browsers have plus or minus buttons or usually react to cmnd-plus or cmnd-minus.

IHTH

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Individual app settings can be crucial. I set Word to 200%, Excel to 150%, Safari by website and often use its reader.

Changing the display resolution often helps, but it can also produced blurry text.

Command-shift-+ will enlarge the display, but then you have to scroll back and forth when you get to the edges.

I still do that sometimes, but find the within app settings most useful. One puts up with the menu bar names being smaller than one wants.

Oh, you can also change Finder preferences and make the text and icons much larger than the default. Still sometimes wish for an even larger text for file names.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.