installation error

Dooey

macrumors newbie
guys! I had searched the forum!

I am trying to set up printer sharing. HP5510 connected to WindowXP and I want to print from my Pwerbook OSX 10.3.8. I know I have to enable SMBA and others. I d/l EPS ghostscript. When I tried to install the script, it ended with Error. I dont know what type oof error. Does anyone have the same problem.

The other problem is when i tried to update my HP driver. It prompted me to log in as as adminstrator. I am the only user of the Powerbook and how could it be possible that I am not the adminstrator. Can someone help!?
:(

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Dooey said:
guys! I had searched the forum!

I am trying to set up printer sharing. HP5510 connected to WindowXP and I want to print from my Pwerbook OSX 10.3.8. I know I have to enable SMBA and others. I d/l EPS ghostscript. When I tried to install the script, it ended with Error. I dont know what type oof error. Does anyone have the same problem.

The other problem is when i tried to update my HP driver. It prompted me to log in as as adminstrator. I am the only user of the Powerbook and how could it be possible that I am not the adminstrator. Can someone help!?
:(
I honestly don't know how to share a printer connected to a Windows machine with a Mac. What I do know is that if you are the only user, you ARE the administrator. The driver update requires elevated permissions to install - you grant the installer those permissions by providing your administrator password. This is done for security reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.