Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csalm87

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I've had that random red but only in the menu bar, open any window and it's gone. I've tried to screenshot it, but anything I do it disappears. It started in Sonoma. I don't believe it's a hardware issue at least in my case as I can't replicate it and it's only happened maybe 6 or 7 times and not in Sequoia.
1 kernel panic with Affinity Photo2.

2019 19,1 iMac, 64 GB of RAM, Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB, on an external 1TB Thunderbolt Drive, build 24A5320a,
Intel Macs as far as I know can't update to 15.1 yet.
I have the same issue on my iMac Pro with Sonoma, a red menu bar but doing anything else gets rid of it. Hoping Sequoia doesn't make it worse.

Luckygreek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2018
Florida
Reactions: ufukty and frou

Lk52461

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Sydney, New South Wales
Since macOS Sequoia dropped today, I couldn’t resist installing it, but surprise, surprise—the issue’s still hanging around. I reported it again, explaining that my 2018 MacBook Pro is also facing the same problem and included logs from both machines for good measure.

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
I upgraded to the RC on my base model iMac Pro last week and have had quite a few graphical issues. I play World of Warcraft a lot and have had quite a few freezes followed by reboots and also bright blue landscape and water. Occasionally the whole screen turns red and I have no choice but to power-cycle.

Web pages are sometimes not completely rendering and Safari has lost the ability to play YouTube videos higher than 1080p HD.

I'm not having any of these issues on my M1 MacBook Pro.

Reactions: ufukty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.