Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kai82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Hi!

My Macbook has a weird issue wherby the internal SSD is not recognised in Disk Utility on boot and hence gives the question mark icon when the computer is running on battery power. However upon plugging in power, it is able to recognise the ssd and boot normally.

Any idea as to whether this is a battery issue or a logic board issue? Cus im definitely at a lost on whether to just fix it or sell it.

Thanks!

Leezona

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
Maybe your SSD broken? Have you tried to replace it or boot from USB to sure the problem is internal storage or logic board?

Kai82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Hi. Yep seems like a ssd/logic board issue as i managed to boot MacOs from an external drive with no problems. Ended up selling the laptop away. Thanks for your help anyways! Looking to get a new M2 Air or M1 Pro soon.

Reactions: Leezona

Leezona

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
Hi. Yep seems like a ssd/logic board issue as i managed to boot MacOs from an external drive with no problems. Ended up selling the laptop away. Thanks for your help anyways! Looking to get a new M2 Air or M1 Pro soon.
Nice choice, M1 Pro will be my next laptop too ;)

Reactions: Kai82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.