Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
In the music app, song "card" gets stuck in minimized mode...pressing on it at the bottom of a mix does not maximize it if flipping back and forth too much.
Confirmed. Annoying.
I also use Marvis as supplement music player.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
When can we expect beta 3? Getting terrible battery life and lots of freeze ups, glitches and bugs. Hoping to see some fixes.

nimamalek

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Iran
Guys i found out when i try to send new email from action sheets, my email stays in outbox until I open mail app and send that email again.
Do you have this problem too?
I use gmail account and already have remove and rest this mail account in settings. But it happens again every time!

dazcox5181

Suspended
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
I'm surprised no one here seems to have mentioned the 3D Touch possibly coming to Apple Pencil...
On iPad Pro only works on the 'clear all notifications' button in NC, but press hard with the pencil is def working like 3D Touch.
Would be good to add this for the 'Pro' iPads... hopefully the next few betas expand this further, odd it wasn't mentioned at WWDC or more widely - perhaps was planned for the (hopeful) .1 update focused on iPads?

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
I'm surprised no one here seems to have mentioned the 3D Touch possibly coming to Apple Pencil...
On iPad Pro only works on the 'clear all notifications' button in NC, but press hard with the pencil is def working like 3D Touch.
Would be good to add this for the 'Pro' iPads... hopefully the next few betas expand this further, odd it wasn't mentioned at WWDC or more widely - perhaps was planned for the (hopeful) .1 update focused on iPads?
I don't think it was mentioned at WWDC because, while it is nice to have, most people do not use Apple Pencil to navigate their iPad, and thusly it is a pretty weak feature. It is not 3D Touch. One day the iPad might actually get 3D Touch, and Apple would not want to confuse things by promoting an imitation of it.

dazcox5181

Suspended
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
I don't think it was mentioned at WWDC because, while it is nice to have, most people do not use Apple Pencil to navigate their iPad, and thusly it is a pretty weak feature. It is not 3D Touch. One day the iPad might actually get 3D Touch, and Apple would not want to confuse things by promoting an imitation of it.

Weak for you perhaps (but your signature surely says you should be in favour of this!), what about all the people moaning every time the iPad is updated that they want 3D Touch. This solves any issue with screen size, so you can't rule it out as a weak feature.

Oh no... You can... This is Macrumors you can put down anything till its official right ;)
This is rapidly becoming one of the worst forums I know, people here are negative or just downright rude most of the time.

amill9601

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2016
Michigan
Anyone have an iPad Air that they're using on beta 2? Care to share your thoughts, experiences and opinions?

Thanks in advance!

I do. My iPad runs surprising well on beta 2. At times, it can get a little laggy, and animations can stutter a bit, but overall, it runs pretty good.

Is there anything specific you want to know about?

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
Weak for you perhaps (but your signature surely says you should be in favour of this!), what about all the people moaning every time the iPad is updated that they want 3D Touch. This solves any issue with screen size, so you can't rule it out as a weak feature.

Oh no... You can... This is Macrumors you can put down anything till its official right ;)
This is rapidly becoming one of the worst forums I know, people here are negative or just downright rude most of the time.
None of this was even the slightest bit intelligible.

You don't need me, or anyone, to explain to why a half baked version of 3D Touch implemented with just the Apple Pencil is very mediocre.

The Apple Pencil is not a stylus for navigating your iPad.

dziring

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
A few major issues with the public beta that have been making my phone almost non-functional (that I didn't see in the wiki):
1. Occasionally the phone rings, the display darkens, and doesn't accept touch input to slide the slider to answer the phone.
2. While I'm on one wifi network, the dialog box pops up every 3 seconds to ask if I want to join a wifi network.
3. My battery drains down completely, even in airplane mode, in 2 hours. I have to have it constantly on the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.