Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alextyrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
uk
Hi guys, I have this problem. iPhone 6S.
In iMessage I can't use the feature for sharing music...
Music is playing in the background but the icon wont work.. tried on my daughter's phone ( SE ) works just fine.
Any ideas ?
Cheers guys
IMG_3700.PNG

Last edited:

alextyrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
uk
Settings -> Music

It's all working fine for me. Have you tried signing out of iMessage and back in again? Are you using the same AppleID for iTunes and iMessage?

I only have one appleID.. gonna try do sign out and in again.. from iMessage

Just tried.. none of that worked
[doublepost=1473946399][/doublepost]Also, in the music app, I don't get the share button at all...
[doublepost=1473946528][/doublepost]Also, in the music app, I don't get the share button at all...

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
Works fine here. Listen to any song on Apple Music service and they show up in Messages. Personally uploaded songs won't work natch.

alextyrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
uk
Ohhhhhhhh, I see... doesn't work with my own music, but only with apple music... right ?

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Isn't my library music ?
What do you think how you're supposed to share music from your local library? If you could do that then that would be piracy. Sharing Apple Music's songs is just sending a link of that song to the person you're chating with.

alextyrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
uk
What do you think how you're supposed to share music from your local library? If you could do that then that would be piracy. Sharing Apple Music's songs is just sending a link of that song to the person you're chating with.

yeah, that is very true... problem solved then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.