Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
The control center thingie was done for Apple Watch users. You disable bluetooth, but the watch is still connected. Just no new connections.

I get that some people don't like it, and I get their logic. It's case-specific.

Reactions: TonyK

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Once the Earpods are plugged we can't select the iPAD speakers. The only way to do that is if we use the AIRPODS. Another stupid limitation.
Honestly curious as to why you would possibly want to wear headphones but have audio play through the iPad speakers.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Honestly curious as to why you would possibly want to wear headphones but have audio play through the iPad speakers.
It's just that I want to switch between both without having to unplug the Earpods and wear the headphone port.

Last edited by a moderator:

usskywatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2016
My X has been running a little bit better with 11.2.6. Performance seems a bit smoother. Battery is the same. 11 is slowly getting better. Just in time for 12...

Reactions: TonyK

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk
Any of you X owners noticed lag? I’ve had a lot of stuttering between the widgets screen and the home screen, as well as when typing in iMessage, and browsing in safari.. I suppose I’ll try to wipe and reinstall to see if that helps.

I have experienced lag when swiping between home screen pages. Not had this before 11.2.6.

iOS really is a sh*t show, especially on the X. The screen real estate goes to waste.

Reactions: bone23

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I have experienced lag when swiping between home screen pages. Not had this before 11.2.6.

iOS really is a sh*t show, especially on the X. The screen real estate goes to waste.

I restored my X via iTunes and that fixed the problems. Might try that.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I hope iOS12 will bring a truly optimised iPhone X lay-out. Like the giantgray bar underneath the keyboard that holds two small buttons... What a waste. I get it that we need some room for the swipe up gesture, but this is ridiculous...

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I hope iOS12 will bring a truly optimised iPhone X lay-out. Like the giantgray bar underneath the keyboard that holds two small buttons... What a waste. I get it that we need some room for the swipe up gesture, but this is ridiculous...
And even that isn't necessary since Control Center worked just fine without any room for a gesture.

iosapp1

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2018
Do u thing i should upgrade iOS 11.2.6 from 10.3.3? Is it worth to update?My device is 7 plus

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
upgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10?

Assuming you mean iOS 11.3 beta 3. Don't since they even removed Airplay 2 in this beta...

SnyG

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2017
Liverpool, UK
This version is laggy as hell on my 8+, was just replying to someone on WhatsApp a moment ago and it was like treacle. I’m also experiencing a lot of stuttering, animation glitches and the occasional app crash. 11.2.5 ran perfectly, the best since 10.3.3. Extremely frustrating.

parajba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
I have an X and running 11.2.2. Silky smooth, battery seems fine although hard to compare, all in all very responsive and stable. Have been on this release for more than a month now.

Shall I upgrade to 11.2.6? If so, best way of doing it? I have access to iTunes on my MBP.

Cheers

iphoneuser32

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2018
Hello all. I've recently updated my iPhone 6 plus to IOS 11.2.6 but found quite a lot of problems after doing so. Hopefully someone can let me know how to resolve them:

1) When no headphones are plugged into the phone, it works with no issues. But when headphones are plugged in, it stops responding. Example: I was watching YouTube videos with my headphones on, and the videos stopped playing and the phone stopped responding. No sounds were coming out either. It was like the phone was dead. Then I pressed the home button, but it did not respond either. Same issue also applies to other applications like WhatsApp, WeChat, or even my own camera roll's videos.

2) Cannot record audio files on applications such as WhatsApp and WeChat

3) The phone runs very slow and sometime the home button does not work

Please share your thoughts! Does any of you experience the same issues? Is there a way to resolve the problems or do you recommend waiting for the next IOS update? Thanks!

Samuel79

Suspended
Sep 23, 2017
Do u thing i should upgrade iOS 11.2.6 from 10.3.3? Is it worth to update?My device is 7 plus

NO I would wait for the next update than will then allow you to turn the battery so that you dont battery or cpu slow down issues

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
No speaker crackling on my X anymore, at least until now. The sound when an SMS came in hang, a part of it got repeated. This happened once, until now.
A respring happened again. If I recall it right, I was reading an answer on Fb Messenger on the lock screen or an answer on Messages (iMessage). I`m not sure about the app.

Reactions: jhall8

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
How is the battery and device performance with this update?
I’ve been averaging 1 hour of screen time per 10% more or less. Usually around 10 hours of on screen time total. I will add it is totally dependent on how you are using the phone, for example youtube and games drain the battery more than surfing the net or texting..

AndreiDavid55

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2017
Anyone get “messenger “ slower ? After a reboot it’s ok.. but after a time she get back to slow ...

StianHF

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2018
Second time this is happened.
First time when using iOS 11.0.2, and now with iOS 11.2.6. iPhone 7.

First time, I had to reboot the phone to get the clock back.
This time, the clock came back after I locked the phone and unlocked again.

Anyone else experienced this? Is it a known issue?

IMG_0559.jpg

Kram Sacul

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2018
Southern California

The reason why that space is there is so that the keyboard is in the same space as other iPhones. Having the keyboard on the bottom of the screen would be awkward.

Javicg

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2017
I tested the beta 11.3 b3 on my 7 plus and battery life is is good compared to 11.2.6 .
Can i stay with a ios beta version for undefined time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.