Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
I get nauseated and frustrated enough with the "refined and ready for release" iOS updates from after iOS6, with all the occasional choppiness, clunkiness, sloppiness, and non-it-just-works aspects at times. Are you trying to kill my last remaining allegiance to Apple post-2012 by suggesting I try a beta iOS? :)

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I get nauseated and frustrated enough with the "refined and ready for release" iOS updates from after iOS6, with all the occasional choppiness, clunkiness, sloppiness, and non-it-just-works aspects at times. Are you trying to kill my last remaining allegiance to Apple post-2012 by suggesting I try a beta iOS? :)
Well pre 2012 was Jobs era. Can't compare a bean counter CEO to a real visionary who actually strived for perfection and not numbers on a balance sheet.

iOS 11 is such a laughably bad release I upgraded my mom's iPhone to the Public beta because the beta performed better than the public release. Avoiding the month 13 bricking issue is just a bonus.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I’m really liking iOS 11.3b1. Only suggesting an alternative action.

iOS 11 is running fine in my two 5s, 6s, two iPhone 7 and 7+. But it all fits within the milllions if iPhones out there there are always different experiences.

Beta performance is always better during the yearly cycle with iOS 11.3.3 predicted to be the pinnacle of perfection.

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

iOS 11 is running fine in my two 5s, 6s, two iPhone 7 and 7+. But it all fits within the milllions if iPhones out there there are always different experiences.

Beta performance is always better during the yearly cycle with iOS 11.3.3 predicted to be the pinnacle of perfection.
I don't normally recommend beta's but on my 6 Plus which 11.2.5 crippled (and that's no hyperbole) 11.3 beta 1 has made it work like it should again and it's far less crashy and buggy.

Reactions: I7guy

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013

No it won’t. I am noticing much of a difference between iOS 11.2,5 and iOS 11.3. Massive fail on Apple’s part for older devices as far as I am concerned.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

For your perusal.

Looks like 11.3 will be bringing some SLIGHT UI speed improvements, but nothing too drastic.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014

For your perusal.

Looks like 11.3 will be bringing some SLIGHT UI speed improvements, but nothing too drastic.

Thanks! Interesting how the differences are just slight; one and a quarter second from 1 1/2 second isn’t that big of a deal, it’s just when texting takes three seconds for each character to show after it’s requested... then that is a huge issue. My 5S has been experiencing that occasionally, and I just don’t understand it. Very reminiscent of when iOS7 completely ruined my 3-year-old iPhone 4 and never recovered. At least my 5S has gone back to just being sort of slow after I reset it and updated the iOS. Now, each time I press a character it takes only about a quarter second to show up instead of the couple-second lag that was just excruciating.

Reactions: DCIFRTHS
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.