Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple, Inc.: Chapter 87672627 of "Change for the sake of change".
The "how much" question is irrelevant. It does drain something - regardless of how little - and this change offers no advantage to the user; furthermore, it is regressive.
Change for the sake of change.
Well, regardless of how little is not really realistic, unless we are simply talking about things on principle which could very well not mean much one way or another in the real world.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Well, regardless of how little is not really realistic, unless we are simply talking about things on principle which could very well not mean much one way or another in the real world.
Nothing on principle. It does drain, even if it isn't a lot, and the change is absolutely regressive and useless, which was my main point.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nothing on principle. It does drain, even if it isn't a lot, and the change is absolutely regressive and useless, which was my main point.
I guess it sounds like the question still stands as far as how much battery gets used by something like that.

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
I think the icon should be “greyed out” when not in use. That way you know its on but not active

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.