Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I find this sort of hard to believe that this bug made it through beta testing (let alone alpha) - this isn't some strange combination of things but just,for me and others on this forum, happens with a variety of mail providers and happens all the time. Please just fix it

Mail has become a peripheral, unimportant function for Apple. Apple doesn't seem to care whether you can use an iPhone for email or not. The primary mission is to provide a platform for sales of services such as Apple Arcade, News, Music, TV+, Apple Pay/Apple Card and of course the App Store and iTunes Store.

/sarcasm

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
The Mail app is so broke on 13.1.2
I'll delete an email and it will still show a # that I have an email but there is nothing there. What I deleted will still show and then 5 mins later it will really delete. WEIRD. Also today I noticed I'm missing 1 whole year of emails from 2018 to 2019 that are gone, I even looked in deleted folder and there not there. This app is acting really weird.

tekkierich

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Add one more large organization to the others in this thread expressing so many odd behaviors with mail.app. Exchange “managed” accounts seem to be particularly impacted. iOS 13.2beta has tested no better than 13.1.2GA.
For many users specifically experiencing the “no new mail” in Inbox, even when a new mail alert is present, they can flip to the folder view and back to Inbox and see the mail present. It’s is like the mail is sitting on the device locally but just not displayed until the “folder flip” is done.

Good luck everyone. File Apple support tickets and get them logs when requested. It will help us all collectively.

Reactions: thewhitehart

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
I’m going to try switching to polling vs. push to see if the behavior changes, unless someone else has tried it. Hate that the shortest poll interval is 15 min, but better than not getting emails at all.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I've been having all of these issues since iOS13 release. After speaking with Apple I think I've finally sorted mine out. You may not need to follow the first steps as I assume it was the second onces that actually resolved it but this is what we went through.

First Steps
- Remove all mail accounts
- Delete native mail app
- Download native mail app from App Store (DO NOT OPEN IT)
- Restart phone

Second Steps
-
Plug phone into pc/mac and open iTunes (ensure iTunes is up to date)
- On phone hold down power and volume down buttons until iTunes tells you phone is in recovery mode.
- In iTunes click the option to update to latest iOS (even though you are already on it)
- After phone boots back up readd your mail accounts.

Hopefully they will all work as expected after this.
I‘d prefer Apple just fix their bug.

Reactions: drmorley

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Same problem here, although I don't think it is entirely an exchange problem.
I have several Rackspace accounts, G Suite and self hosted email accounts. All of which exhibit the same problem.
I have also noticed since 13.1.2 when you open an inbox all emails have disappeared and take a few seconds to reload.
Apple really does struggle with the basics at the moment!

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Exact same issues here. We had to send out a notification to the firm indicating this may be an issue and to hold off on 13. Hopefully we will see an update soon. Its seems like such a simple thing for apple to fix. The have to realize how many people use these in the corporate work for email esp with Blackberry dead.

Sam5281

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
This is too been an annoyance of IOS13...

Anyone else also notice that when opening native Mail app - it always reverts back to the last email you had open?

Not a fan of this, or a fan of email preview text not loading.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
This is too been an annoyance of IOS13...

Anyone else also notice that when opening native Mail app - it always reverts back to the last email you had open?

Not a fan of this, or a fan of email preview text not loading.

Agree, quite annoying - but I could probably put up with that if Apple fixed the rest of this wreck.

Stridr69

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Wait, you are doing all that and keeping your new iP11 Pro boxed up just because mail doesn't download until you open the mail app? I mean how do you read the mail before you open it anyways? Perhaps installing the Outlook app may make more since until this is finally sorted. But really?! The OP said he had to enable airplane mode to verify it wasn't downloading in the background but point being does it really matter that much that you cant use your new device? I mean if you have to turn on airplane mode to even know it. For what its worth Gmail stopped supporting push with Apple mail app years ago so it only downloads when app is open too but somehow I have managed :)
Actually I have GMail in fetch mode every 15 minutes. Worked like a charm on iOS 13. Downgraded due to poor animations on Springboard.
[automerge]1570586022[/automerge]

drmorley

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
Same problem here, although I don't think it is entirely an exchange problem.
I have several Rackspace accounts, G Suite and self hosted email accounts. All of which exhibit the same problem.
I have also noticed since 13.1.2 when you open an inbox all emails have disappeared and take a few seconds to reload.
Apple really does struggle with the basics at the moment!

It’s not an Exchange issue. I manage several Exchange servers along with some Rackspace and Office365 hosted Exchange accounts. My devices running iOS 12 have no issues while I experience all of the aforementioned issues the devices updated to iOS 13.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I jumped from an iPhone 7plus with 12.4 to an iPhone 11 with 13.1 and Mail is absolutely screwed. I don’t receive notifications, my mail count on the badge is incorrect and the worst is that when I go and check my mail at the end of the day, in the app it will say “last checked.. 10:14am” and has basically not pushed any email the whole day..
I might move to spark for the time being as can’t afford to have email this broken right now.
Same. Definitely need to switch to a different app in the meantime.

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
The phone "knows" I have new emails, because I get the notification on the lock screen, and it even has content. When I open the app, there's no new mail there. How this got by numerous betas is beyond me.

I am not installing Catalina yet, it was in golden master for three days before released, lol.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I’m using a .mac email and am also getting this issue. Is anyone else who uses an iCloud / .mac / .me email account also having this issue?

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I can’t believe this is still broken. Is Apple pushing us away from native app and to 3rd party mail servers on purpose?

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
I’m using a .mac email and am also getting this issue. Is anyone else who uses an iCloud / .mac / .me email account also having this issue?

Yup, same issue here with my iCloud mail account. Prior to upgrade I would get the badge and audio notification of new mail. When I go into mail, the new messages are there, downloaded and ready to be read. With iOS13, I get the notifications, but the mail is not downloaded in the background so I have to manually refresh in order to see them.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
not only anyone at Apple but how about all those Beta users not finding this also

The internal Apple employees all use IMAP mail in iCloud. And I’m guessing most public beta users are consumers do not use Exchange. Many Corp device users on exchange are probably prohibited from installing beta software. That’s probably why few if any users reported these problems.

Sam5281

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
So..possibly this issue has been addressed?

First time since IOS13 - that Ive gone to open Mail app and message previews finally loaded.
Anyone else have the same>? Was there an update?/or hot patch or something?

smf72

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
So..possibly this issue has been addressed?

First time since IOS13 - that Ive gone to open Mail app and message previews finally loaded.
Anyone else have the same>? Was there an update?/or hot patch or something?
Can you give us more details. Type of mail I.e. exchange etc... iOS version. Are you getting notifications on the lock screen or notification center ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.