Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
No luck here. After much studying, I've concluded that almost everything I have "works" 90% of the time but when triggered by a switch or sensor, it lags like crazy. A Hue switch button push WILL light up the Lutron switch and 10 Hue lights. But the execution time can range from 3 seconds to 15 seconds or more. And some heavier functions fail to execute at all. All work instantly when testing from within the Home app, on the same WiFi network as all the HomePods. Still stumped.

melikbilge

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
The only time I have had an issue was when I tried to access the home app on my phone when I was out in the sticks and had a really really crap phone network signal....and think it failed to connect correctly to my active home hub, which then put the home hub into a disconnected state and I could not do anything until that hub was re-booted....
I have this EXACT problem. I’ve been having it for weeks. On 14.3 right now. It was working well for me remotely, and then my family member opened it from their phone and everything was not responding, and the Apple TV had switched to Standby. Then I opened mine again, and now it was also on Standby and everything not responding. So his phone messed up the HomeKit connection permanently somehow, until I had to go home and physically reboot the Apple TV. Works for a few hours at a time, and then back to Standby...

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
I have this EXACT problem. I’ve been having it for weeks. On 14.3 right now. It was working well for me remotely, and then my family member opened it from their phone and everything was not responding, and the Apple TV had switched to Standby. Then I opened mine again, and now it was also on Standby and everything not responding. So his phone messed up the HomeKit connection permanently somehow, until I had to go home and physically reboot the Apple TV. Works for a few hours at a time, and then back to Standby...
How many home hubs are available in your house?

When my "active" hub went into the disconnected state....it was like that for a day or two as we were away from home at the time.....but it went back online as normal once it was re-started.

Also, the native apps for the smart stuff in my house still worked during the time the home hub was in it's disconnected state....which for me is Philips Hue app and the Tado° heating app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.