Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrightchad1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
New York (Upstate)
Been running into this since installing the beta. Go to make a phone call, and it doesn't work. Phone app launches but it's frozen. Have to reboot the phone to fix it. Then it's fine for a while but stops again. Just realized now people have been trying to call me and it's not ringing. They text me, I reboot, then they can call. Thoughts? Really don't want to hassle with downgrading.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My thought is you spend your time manually rebooting your phone every 30 minutes to an hour, or you downgrade so that you don't miss calls. I would downgrade, instead of trying to manage the phone to that extreme. Revisit the beta at a later date.

Reactions: Samdh90

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
@wrightchad1: What phone model do you have? I have not read of anything like this before.

@Everyone: Has anyone else heard of a weird bug? I know we are on db1 right now but thought if anyone else could bring insight to this issue. :)

wylhkg

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
My iPhone SE (1st) has same issue. Work around is make a phone call about 4 time, then you can success.
I don’y know why! iphone cannot be a phone!

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
My iPhone SE (1st) has same issue. Work around is make a phone call about 4 time, then you can success.
I don’y know why! iphone cannot be a phone!

The iPhone isn’t being able to call due to the fact you’re using a developer beta of iOS 15. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Samdh90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.