Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
If you experiencing an issue where you need help with iOS/iPadOS 16, post your issue here and someone will try to assist.

Get on a beta but don't know how to get back? Don't know how to install a beta via IPSW vs OTA (or even don't know what those terms mean)? Post it here!

The point of this thread is to keep these kinds of discussions out of the substantive discussions of the various iOS betas.

A key thing though: this thread should be non-judgmental. We're here to fix things not to judge the person who posts and berate them for making the choices they may have made.

Also, please note: Macrumours also has a separate iPadOS 16 forum https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/ipados-16.240/where your problem may have been addressed.

Last edited:

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
No.. I backup and restore through iCloud.
The symptom is every time I reboot the phone, those “System Data” all gone.

Then I just use my phone normally and eventually I found that the “System Data” increased. May be from 5GB to 20GB. And then eventually from 20GB to 90GB.. just keep increasing until all 512GB are gone. :(

Apps specific?

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
New iOS shared photo library:
Does anyone else have the problem that even though the “Sharing from Camera” option is turned on, this option does not appear in the Camera app at all?
I've already tried turning off this option (not the entire shared library), resetting the phone, resetting all settings... Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do other than resetting all settings and content? That really something I don't want to do unless really needed.:rolleyes:

PS. One my wife's iPhone function sharing photos directly to shared photo library from Camera app works.

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
New iOS shared photo library:
Does anyone else have the problem that even though the “Sharing from Camera” option is turned on, this option does not appear in the Camera app at all?
I've already tried turning off this option (not the entire shared library), resetting the phone, resetting all settings... Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do other than resetting all settings and content? That really something I don't want to do unless really needed.:rolleyes:

PS. One my wife's iPhone function sharing photos directly to shared photo library from Camera app works.
The options are in the photo app, half way down.. you have to set it up there not in the camera app.. if understand what you are trying to do..

1799C075-E431-4043-B143-227BCC692118.jpeg

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
The options are in the photo app, half way down.. you have to set it up there not in the camera app.. if understand what you are trying to do..
I'm talking about iCloud Shared photo library and sharing pictures in it directly from Camera app.

Attachments

• IMG_4604.PNG
    IMG_4604.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4607.PNG
    IMG_4607.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
I am hoping someone can assist. I am on the newest public beta and i was showing someone last night how to use the focus setting…. Well wish i didn’t because now I can’t seem to get it to not show that i have notifications silenced when someone texts me- the texts come in and i hear them…. I have tried turning it on and off. Tried rebooting many times, tried deleting focus profiles and re-adding. Tried activating one and having time elapse. Went into messages settings and turned off there.
Apple wont assist since i am on the beta which I think is BS but whatever…
I was thinking of restoring from a back up but not sure that will solve the problem.
Any insight is appreciated

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
I am hoping someone can assist. I am on the newest public beta and i was showing someone last night how to use the focus setting…. Well wish i didn’t because now I can’t seem to get it to not show that i have notifications silenced when someone texts me- the texts come in and i hear them…. I have tried turning it on and off. Tried rebooting many times, tried deleting focus profiles and re-adding. Tried activating one and having time elapse. Went into messages settings and turned off there.
I was thinking of restoring from a back up but not sure that will solve the problem.
The wife had the same issue on 16.0.1, she just hard reset a few times and it seemed to sort its self out but you said have done this several times try going into airplane mode do a hard reset then switch back on see if that resolves it

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
The wife had the same issue on 16.0.1, she just hard reset a few times and it seemed to sort its self out but you said have done this several times try going into airplane mode do a hard reset then switch back on see if that resolves it

Thank you. Sadly that didn’t do it. So frustrating. Hopefully next beta fixes

Reactions: Bobout

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
My iPhone 14 Pro Max did something very unusual this morning, or I guess overnight while I was sleeping. When I woke up the screen was black (always on display that usually shows when locked was not showing) and the phone was asking for my password again when I tried to unlock it. This is unusual and quite frankly unacceptable behavior

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013

You’ve wrapped up your issue in what looks to be a triple. or quadruple negative, so its a bit difficult to figure out whether notifications are showing up when you don’t want them to or if they are not showing up when you want them to. It might be easier for us to assist if can you state what your phone IS currently doing and what you want it to be doing.

Right out of the gate, have you deleted all of the focus modes that you were showing off? I know you stated that you deleted at least some and re-added them. What happened while they were deleted (before you re-added them)?

Have you been into notification settings and made sure they were set up for Messages the way you want them to be?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
My iPhone 14 Pro Max did something very unusual this morning, or I guess overnight while I was sleeping. When I woke up the screen was black (always on display that usually shows when locked was not showing) and the phone was asking for my password again when I tried to unlock it. This is unusual and quite frankly unacceptable behavior

Were you, perchance, using the Sleep focus? Also, your phone may have rebooted for some reason.

Reactions: Rocket J9

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Were you, perchance, using the Sleep focus? Also, your phone may have rebooted for some reason.
Sleep focus was definitely off (I’ve never enabled *any* of the focus modes, not particularly interested in that feature)
Battery didn’t run out or anything like that either. I’m not sure what else might’ve caused it to reboot but I really hope it doesn’t happen again. A little strange that it happened exactly one month post-launch

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
You’ve wrapped up your issue in what looks to be a triple. or quadruple negative, so its a bit difficult to figure out whether notifications are showing up when you don’t want them to or if they are not showing up when you want them to. It might be easier for us to assist if can you state what your phone IS currently doing and what you want it to be doing.

Right out of the gate, have you deleted all of the focus modes that you were showing off? I know you stated that you deleted at least some and re-added them. What happened while they were deleted (before you re-added them)?

Have you been into notification settings and made sure they were set up for Messages the way you want them to be?

My phone on my end seems fine. Im getting every notification. The issue is that when people send me text messages it tells them that I have notifications silenced.
As far as focus modes- I have deleted them- didnt fix the problem- re-added them- didnt fix the problem so I deleted them again.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
My phone on my end seems fine. Im getting every notification. The issue is that when people send me text messages it tells them that I have notifications silenced.
As far as focus modes- I have deleted them- didnt fix the problem- re-added them- didnt fix the problem so I deleted them again.

Got it. Sounds like something is stuck. Did the release candidate software fix this for you?

Clovers5

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2022
I recently *attempted* to update to the 14 Pro after having a 12 pro and the have had serious issues with the new ios 16's and the syncing of my imessage across different platforms (namely my series 7 watch). I have tried all resets, all re-syncs and resets, and even returned the 14 Pro and went back to my 12 pro. Ever since I attempted the original transfer everything has just been so lost- its like all the information is still in my icloud (that storage size has never changed) but the information that gets pulled each time for imessage is different and inconsistent. Anyone else having these syncing issues, namely between the watch's and iphones on ios 16.1

I am currently updated on all available software for macs, watches, and phones

deebinem

Suspended
May 7, 2017
I am on the latest releases of iOS16 and watchOS and I’m still seeing an issue that I can’t seem to figure out:

In the Watch app and in the Music section, you can add songs to the watch for playback. I do this for running music. It typically shows a list of albums currently on the Watch with the ability to manage adding/deleting.

After the latest updates, I now am presented with an empty list (despite music loaded) and one album perpetually loading (in this case, Tool’s 10,000 days which I assume is because that would be the first album alphabetically) but never loads and was never picked to be loaded. If I choose another album, it will show that an album is loading but the album is, you guessed it, 10,000 Days.

Anyone experience anything like this?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
iPhone 14 ProMax suddenly running hot and battery wearing pretty fast. Two hard restarts already to see if it would fix.

Guess I’m going for a third.

Any thoughts?

TexasAggie013

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
Similar to mozman I’ve had a lot of heat and excessively fast battery drain on my 13 pro. But only on AT&T cellular. On Wi-Fi at home the battery lasts like it did on iOS 15. Curious if this could just be a hardware issue with the cell modem? Seems unlikely but I’m running out of ideas for what it could be. I would doubt it’s software since so many others are having great experiences (and because after a restore I only installed a handful of third party apps. More notes below) Any other ideas for what I could try?

currently on 16.1 official. Recently restored the phone from 13.1 RC and did not restore from backup. Logged into iCloud and set everything else up again from scratch. My cell settings are set to “5G Auto” and “allow more data on 5G”. Even tried only installing 5 essential third party apps the first two days to see if there was another app I previously had causing the issue. No luck. As soon as I’m off Wi-Fi, I can cook an egg on my screen.

Gwhiz: seems like it took some time but this thread seems to be gaining some traction! Thanks for starting it up.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Similar to mozman I’ve had a lot of heat and excessively fast battery drain on my 13 pro. But only on AT&T cellular. On Wi-Fi at home the battery lasts like it did on iOS 15. Curious if this could just be a hardware issue with the cell modem? Seems unlikely but I’m running out of ideas for what it could be. I would doubt it’s software since so many others are having great experiences (and because after a restore I only installed a handful of third party apps. More notes below) Any other ideas for what I could try?

currently on 16.1 official. Recently restored the phone from 13.1 RC and did not restore from backup. Logged into iCloud and set everything else up again from scratch. My cell settings are set to “5G Auto” and “allow more data on 5G”. Even tried only installing 5 essential third party apps the first two days to see if there was another app I previously had causing the issue. No luck. As soon as I’m off Wi-Fi, I can cook an egg on my screen.

Gwhiz: seems like it took some time but this thread seems to be gaining some traction! Thanks for starting it up.
On my 13 mini I have cellular data set to LTE with Low Data Mode enabled, Wi-Fi Assist under Cellular settings switched off, and Networking & Wireless (along with several other settings) under System Location Services disabled. Cellular performance and battery life have been pretty great so far now that I've found the right mix of settings for my device. Judging by the severity of your issues it might be worth trying all or some combination of those settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasAggie013

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Are you on the beta?
Yep...Just got back from Europe and started running hot as soon as I was in my hotel last night and still running hot through my flight back home this morning. It's plugged in now...will see how it does on home wifi.

It did run great in Germany and Ireland. Just had to pay AT&T $10/day for the exact same cell/data access I have in the US. Worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.