Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maszaikasza

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2023
Probably another feature available only on english language markets. 14 years later I still cannot use Siri for anything beside setting timer. I know, Polish is hard, but still, Tim... come on :)

JungleNYC

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
YES! This is something that we've desperately needed for years. I do a ton of dictation and transcription for work and it's super frustrating that I have to use all these 3rd party apps and websites to cobble together a workflow. I mostly use Notes (which I love) but the current dictation is really terrible. And it's impossible to try and use, eg., in a car. It's also very tough to START a new note, give it a title and some content. Or, adding content to an existing note. These simple acts are almost impossible to currently do hands-free.

This should also be built into video, etc. There is no reason why Final Cut doesn't have transcription, and we have to use @Headliner, etc.

Long time coming. Good news.

Reactions: ignatius345

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
You see no utility in being able to lift your wrist to remind yourself of your groceries? You’d prefer pulling a device out of your pocket?
Yes. I would absolutely rather read my whole list on my phone instead of using a very tiny screen to see one item at a time. If you want to, though, more power to you. If they put Reminders on Apple Watch, I myself would just never open it. No skin off my back.

I never understand people who get all worked up about the inclusion of an app they don't want. For instance, I find the Journal app totally unappealing, but who gives a ****, I just don't open it.

Last edited:

FilthyMuppetInnuendo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2016
Yes. I would absolutely rather read my whole list on my phone instead of using a very tiny screen to see one item at a time.
Well, that’s just meaningless hyperbole.
If they put Reminders on Apple Watch
Oh, I was thinking of Notes. Reminders has never worked for me in any context and on any device since the app was introduced, so I just ignore it and use Notes instead. It’s like how iCloud Tabs shows tabs I closed two years ago and nothing I do can get rid of them, so I just don’t use it.
I never understand people who get all worked up about the inclusion of an app they don't want. For instance, I find the Journal app totally unappealing, but who gives a ****, I just don't open it.
I agree, but I think that’s what he’s saying.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Well, that’s just meaningless hyperbole.
No, that's the actual user experience of using a grocery list in Reminders on an Apple Watch. You can see one item at a time. Nothing hyperbolic about it.

Oh, I was thinking of Notes. Reminders has never worked for me in any context and on any device since the app was introduced, so I just ignore it and use Notes instead.
OK, so you're using the wrong app because you can't figure out how to use the right one. Got it!

Your comment was about how it's somehow easier to look at your grocery list on an Apple Watch, which I find absolutely insane. Whether it's on Notes or Reminders, the fact is that screen is bloody tiny and if you've got a larger one in your pocket it's baffling you'd pick the one smaller than a book of matches. Whatever you want to do, honestly I don't care. But you're picking a very weird hill to die on.

FilthyMuppetInnuendo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2016
No, that's the actual user experience of using a grocery list in Reminders on an Apple Watch. You can see one item at a time. Nothing hyperbolic about it.

OK, so you're using the wrong app because you can't figure out how to use the right one. Got it!

Your comment was about how it's somehow easier to look at your grocery list on an Apple Watch, which I find absolutely insane. Whether it's on Notes or Reminders, the fact is that screen is bloody tiny and if you've got a larger one in your pocket it's baffling you'd pick the one smaller than a book of matches. Whatever you want to do, honestly I don't care. But you're picking a very weird hill to die on.
Thanks for not reading my comment. Yours is dismissed off-hand.

Reactions: ignatius345

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.

It’s probably a difference in settings, I can see three or four items at a time on my Reminders grocery list on my Apple Watch. But whether I use the watch or pull out my iPhone for viewing the list depends on several factors at the time I look at the list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.