Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canon Rock

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Hey guys! So I jailbroke my ipod a couple of weeks ago but was on 4.3.3. I used redsnow and I'm on iPod Touch 4G. I barely have anything on it besides few games, HTC Widget and weather animation. If I have the weather animation and htc widget on and everything else off. My sb Settings shows that I have around 80-100 or so memory but if I turn them off I go around 115-120. I've seen posts where people have over 200!!! I was wondering is 4.3.3 is the cause of this? I read numerous post saying not to upgrade to 4.3.3 because of it's ram problems.

Whats a good firmware to be on if I can downgrade? Something that will still have most of the avaliable mandatory features like multitasking (gesture I'm not sure what that is an apparantly new to 4.x?).

When I try to play a game like Order and Chaos online my memory goes down to 20 even without the animation and HTC. The game shutter lags every 5 sec or so like you see a mili second freeze then smooth then freeze. It's gets very annoying. My friend who has an iPhone doesn't do this when he plays.

Thank you very much guys!

EDIT: It seems people perfer 4.2.1 or 4.3/4.3.1

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.