Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alice04

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2013
The iOS 6 update has slowed down MY mini ipad :( Facebook is so slow now any suggestions ?

I tried uninstalling and installing Facebook but it didnt worked well. Instead I made a Reset and everything went back perfectly. the apps notifications are already seen, etc. Just the Reset All Settings on the General tab.

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Has the date format in the Calendar tab (in Notification Center) changed or is it just me? it used to read "Fri, 3/1", now it says "Friday, March 1". When did this happen? are others seeing this change as well?

alice04

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2013
I tried uninstalling and installing Facebook but it didnt worked well. Instead I made a Reset and everything went back perfectly. the apps notifications are already seen, etc. Just the Reset All Settings on the General tab.

Reset really fixes a lot of problems :)

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
26. In music app, ability to play a song and go back to a list of music and select 'add to playing now'. Basically be able to create a playlist on the fly.

Come on apple, this is an easy one, sort out a queue next track. This infuriates me on the bus to work!

I know there's apps for that but i don't want to use other apps or have them open, I want it like iTunes 11!
Yeah, I've missed this since iOS 1.0. iTunes 11 finally has it, think it's just a matter of time before iOS gets it.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Facebook

Can someone help?

I'm having an issue that just recently started happening.
First, I'm not a facebook user (I know one of the few) so I do not have a log in. However I have always been able to view Facebook pages of well known singers who have their own facebook pages just to keep up to date with my favorite singers.

I have them all bookmarked in my safari bookmarks. Up until last week, I have always been able to pull them up, now as soon as I hit my bookmark it takes me to the mobile version straight to the Facebook log in, saying you must log in first. This has never happened before in the past, I have always been able to view their facebook page. So I tried using Chrome and it's the same thing, I also tried to going to classic view in Chrome to get to the desktop version and it still brings me to the mobile version with the facebook page to log in.

Did something change with iOS? I'm running the latest 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5, never jailbroke.

It has to be something to do with iOS or mobile version or something cause on my PC at home I can access all my favorite singers facebook pages but on my iPhone I can no longer get to their facebook pages.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Can someone help?

I'm having an issue that just recently started happening.
First, I'm not a facebook user (I know one of the few) so I do not have a log in. However I have always been able to view Facebook pages of well known singers who have their own facebook pages just to keep up to date with my favorite singers.

I have them all bookmarked in my safari bookmarks. Up until last week, I have always been able to pull them up, now as soon as I hit my bookmark it takes me to the mobile version straight to the Facebook log in, saying you must log in first. This has never happened before in the past, I have always been able to view their facebook page. So I tried using Chrome and it's the same thing, I also tried to going to classic view in Chrome to get to the desktop version and it still brings me to the mobile version with the facebook page to log in.

Did something change with iOS? I'm running the latest 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5, never jailbroke.

It has to be something to do with iOS or mobile version or something cause on my PC at home I can access all my favorite singers facebook pages but on my iPhone I can no longer get to their facebook pages.
Not really the thread for this, but have you tried clearing Safari's cache (and even cookies) to see if that might address the issue?

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Not really the thread for this, but have you tried clearing Safari's cache (and even cookies) to see if that might address the issue?

Sorry, didn't see the need to start a whole new thread and figured it had to be an iOS issue.

It has been fixed, it must be Facebook putting up a temp sign in wall. They left it up for almost a week. When I tried all my bookmarks yesterday they all worked and today it works too. There trying to forcing you into signing up. Imagine that!!

Thanks anyway. :)

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
heyy dunno if this is the right thread buT ermm, its not a big issue to me but does anyone know why the volume slider (background) occasionally changes its background to orange?? i dont even know how i make it happen soo, just wanna know if this is common, again, it ain't disturbing :) pics follow........

Attachments

• IMG_5118.PNG
    IMG_5118.PNG
    534.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_5119.PNG
    IMG_5119.PNG
    534.6 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

rk1

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2013
Siri consistently mixes up east vs west?

Hi, my apologies if this has been discussed previously; I've searched but haven't found anything similar. I would actually be most astonished if this has never been discussed before. Also, I'm sorry for a long and wordy first post.

When I ask Siri to kindly get directions to some place, it usually figures out what place I'm looking for eventually (after many incredibly frustrating iterations of me trying to enunciate like a robot before it finally gets it right, but I digress). Anyways, when Siri finally locks onto the correct search terms, it begins to list matches, saying something along the lines of "I found 3 places near Pasadena matching so-and-so. The first is twelve miles EAST of you", and it shows the address and map to a place that is very clearly twelve miles WEST of me. If I search for something that I know is toward the east from my current location, then it invariably reports that it is west of me. Funny thing is, it usually gets north vs south correct! If it didn't consistently mix up east and west and if it also screwed up north vs south then I might suspect that the problem was general geolocation error. This really seems like either a longitude subtraction sign error or a miscommunication between the siri program and maps or whatever it uses to search for places.

If any of you are aware of prior discussion of this issue, please direct me to an appropriate thread or bug report. Otherwise, would anyone care to recreate the issue? Thanks in advance.

m17h4n

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
heyy dunno if this is the right thread buT ermm, its not a big issue to me but does anyone know why the volume slider (background) occasionally changes its background to orange?? i dont even know how i make it happen soo, just wanna know if this is common, again, it ain't disturbing :) pics follow........

Hey try switching off your bluetooth.and this is because you have paired your device with a dock or bluetooth.If thats not the case please let me know

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Hey try switching off your bluetooth.and this is because you have paired your device with a dock or bluetooth.If thats not the case please let me know

Hmm, I have no Bluetooth devices paired to my iPhone... I don't even have such devices (headset, dock etc.) and I only charge by cable. :)

m17h4n

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
Hmm, I have no Bluetooth devices paired to my iPhone... I don't even have such devices (headset, dock etc.) and I only charge by cable. :)

Ok ..Do as below and give me the response

1.OFF BLUETOOTH ON HANDSET
2.PLUGIN A HEADSET AND SEE IF IT STILL GIVES SAME ISSUE
3.OFF WIFI AND CHECK
4.PRESS THE HOME BUTTON AND POWER FOR 15SECS
5.RESET ALL SETTINGS
4.CLEAN YOUR CHARGER CONNECTOR PORT WITH SURGICAL SPRITE OR ALCOHOL

Cheers

drewpresley

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
Clanton, Alabama
I recently bought an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 6.1.3. I noticed while texting that the "woosh" sound wasn't working.. any way to fix that? Not really important, just something I'd like. It's my first iPhone.

- Owner of 12' iBook G3 and iPhone 3Gs

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
Plug-in tone

I just watched "Minority Report" again last night for only the second time since shortly after it came out. So there are a few scenes where Cruise has to log in with a retina scanner at the "Department of Pre-crime". The first time I cocked my head sideways. The second time I thought to myself "nnaaaahhh… couldn't be". The third time I was like "holy ****! Apple totally stole the Dept. Of Pre-crime log-in tone from "Minority Report" for the charging sound in iOS 1-6!"

Maybe this is common knowledge (and I haven't read through all seventy some odd pages in the thread), or maybe I'm losing my mind! Check it out for yourself!

br3nt

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
I just watched "Minority Report" again last night for only the second time since shortly after it came out. So there are a few scenes where Cruise has to log in with a retina scanner at the "Department of Pre-crime". The first time I cocked my head sideways. The second time I thought to myself "nnaaaahhh… couldn't be". The third time I was like "holy ****! Apple totally stole the Dept. Of Pre-crime log-in tone from "Minority Report" for the charging sound in iOS 1-6!"

Maybe this is common knowledge (and I haven't read through all seventy some odd pages in the thread), or maybe I'm losing my mind! Check it out for yourself!

I had to check that one out and started youtubing it... found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpCu-ZJiu4

however,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dFb2x-NcA&noredirect=1
does not show the same

So not sure if im getting trolld or not :p

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
I had to check that one out and started youtubing it... found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpCu-ZJiu4

however,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dFb2x-NcA&noredirect=1
does not show the same

So not sure if im getting trolld or not :p

LoL! NOT getting trolled! I'll watch those tonight! Like I said, all my devices are iOS7 so I couldn't verify myself!

OK I couldn't wait. Yeah, not sure what the deal there is. I definitely saw the first version. Wonder what the history is.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.