Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiligFox

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
I was curious if anyone else has experienced this a issue with RAM from beta 4. I'm finding that multitasking is killing (more often than not) all the apps besides my current one. It seems most the time it's after I use Safari... Maybe Safari is leaking memory?

Also, not sure if this is just me as well, but I'm noticing a strange lag when scrolling freshly loaded pages in Safari -- it lags for a second and then instead of scrolling, it selects the closest link where my finger was. It gets annoying because this combined with the low RAM means when I scroll back it tends to refresh that page back to the top of the page.

Anyone else? I did a OTA update, so that might be it as well.

Benlego65

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
I'm getting this, too. However, I have the beta installed on 2 devices. An iphone 4 and an ipad mini, both of course at beta 4.
The mini is handling safari flawlessly. No memory leak present that I notice.
On my iphone however, I get that same memory leak. When I check how much ram is free (using another app) it shows just 12mB or so free (with Safari open).
I think it may be how Safari caches the we page with its image for quickly switching tabs; the iphone/iPod devices cache an image and iPas has no need to. Something about THAT must be doing it.
I can on,to ix the leak on my phone with a reboot, which can get annoying. Luckily there are other usable browsers to install such as chrome :D

Also, both devices were an OTA update from B3.
I doubt it's the fact that it's an OTA update. Could someone who updated through iTunes pitch in?

Last edited:

rulorulez

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
I'm getting this, too. However, I have the beta installed on 2 devices. An iphone 4 and an ipad mini, both of course at beta 4.
The mini is handling safari flawlessly. No memory leak present that I notice.
On my iphone however, I get that same memory leak. When I check how much ram is free (using another app) it shows just 12mB or so free (with Safari open).
I think it may be how Safari caches the we page with its image for quickly switching tabs; the iphone/iPod devices cache an image and iPas has no need to. Something about THAT must be doing it.
I can on,to ix the leak on my phone with a reboot, which can get annoying. Luckily there are other usable browsers to install such as chrome :D

Also, both devices were an OTA update from B3.
I doubt it's the fact that it's an OTA update. Could someone who updated through iTunes pitch in?

I'm on a 4S and some apps sometimes kind of slow down... it must be the same RAM problem, also I'm having a lag on the touch controls... =/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.