Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eleda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Hi. I just got iOS7 and noticed that the music player now adds an image for each individual artist.

I've seen screenshots of this, but for me, most of my artists have blank gray squares next to them. One of them does have art, but the artist just has two songs under them and it just uses the cover art for one if the songs. But I also have other artists with one or two songs under them, and they have the blank squares.

Is there any way to manually edit the art that shows up when viewing by artist? Just to note: all of my album art work shows up when I pick the actual song, and that most of my stuff has custom tags (which I'm assuming is the problem).

Eleda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
OK, I have basically re-synched my music and still no solutions. All of my searches have led to news articles on the new iTunes Radio...

Can anybody at least tell me where the artist image comes from? I assume iTunes pulls it from the internet?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

emperor.penguin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
OK, I have basically re-synched my music and still no solutions. All of my searches have led to news articles on the new iTunes Radio...

Can anybody at least tell me where the artist image comes from? I assume iTunes pulls it from the internet?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have the same problems and it's really annoying. The pictures are the same pictures from the artist's pages on itunes store.

Kahal22

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
I wish someone would answer this with a solution because I'm having the same problem and it's annoying. It happened after I did a reset. It was working fine before, now the artist artwork isn't showing.

DarkHalf

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I have just noticed this problem as well.

For most artists, there is no problem, but in the case of "Dio" (the heavy-metal band with front man Ronnie James Dio), I get an artist picture of "Dio" the rapper.

There really needs to be a method for over-riding/editing these images.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
The option to disable the artist photos altogether would be absolutely wonderful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.