Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA
What the heck ...

I have been searching for some kind of "official" explanation for the Exchange Server issue on my new iPhone 6 and have found nothing out there. I am having the same issue that everyone on this post is experiencing, but I have (so far) been unable to resolve it. Fortunately, I did not update my iPad Air to iOS8, so I am able to check work emails.

1. Deleted and reentered exchange account information; All verification ticks are there and information verified.
2. Have performed both soft and hard restarts with no change.
3. I checked with my IT Department and we do not have a device restriction on our server.
4. EVERYTHING else on my iPhone 6 works perfectly except this. I find it hard to believe someone doesn't know about this and have a fix for it. :)eek: HELP!!)
5. The new AUTOMATIC REPLY function for the new OS is grayed out and stuck on "loading." This gets my vote as the issue as I am thinking until this finishes, nothing else will work (and, so far, nothing has)

I have seen a LOT of us "Newbies" joining up and logging on for this issue. Bottom line, I have no idea where to go from here and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mknoebel

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
CO
This is what is happening to me too. My exchange is gmail. Was working fine on my iPhone 5. Yesterday updated to iPhone 6 and I get nothing. Deleted, tried again...Nothing...

I have been searching for some kind of "official" explanation for the Exchange Server issue on my new iPhone 6 and have found nothing out there. I am having the same issue that everyone on this post is experiencing, but I have (so far) been unable to resolve it. Fortunately, I did not update my iPad Air to iOS8, so I am able to check work emails.

1. Deleted and reentered exchange account information; All verification ticks are there and information verified.
3. I checked with my IT Department and we do not have a device restriction on our server.
4. EVERYTHING else on my iPhone 6 works perfectly except this. I find it hard to believe someone doesn't know about this and have a fix for it. :)eek: HELP!!)
5. The new AUTOMATIC REPLY function for the new OS is grayed out and stuck on "loading." This gets my vote as the issue as I am thinking until this finishes, nothing else will work (and, so far, nothing has)

I have seen a LOT of us "Newbies" joining up and logging on for this issue. Bottom line, I have no idea where to go from here and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Whoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA

mknoebel

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
CO
Well that explains it! Guess I will set it up with the Google link instead of exchange. Thanks for the link!

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I went to the OWA site for my Exchange email and, sure enough, I was at my maximum of 10. I had phones from way back on there. Now I have only my iPad and my shinny new iPhone 6 plus. :) there may be others here with another issue but this was mine. I didn't even have to delete and re add by Exchange profile, it just started working as soon as there was a slot on the device list.

Thank you!!!!! This was my issue as well..spent way too much time trying to figure this out.

windnsea26

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
San Diego
Hi
I've been trying to set up a new iphone 6 with exchange 2013. I checked OWA and I only had one device displayed so I don't think I maxed out here.
Has anyone found a solution? I've reset my network settings many times and followed the steps I found in other Google searches but still have a problem.

Thanks in advance!

ISOHaven

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
I'm in the same boat. I have a bunch of iPhone 6's and 6 Plus' coming to me today because they cannot connect to my Exchange 2010 mail server.

The phones verify the account and show that everything is ok but then no email, no contacts, no calendar...nothing.

Further more, I've gone head and blown out all the devices on someone's account. Set it up again and I noticed the device is not showing up at all. So that initial "exchange active sync" communication just isn't happening with iOS8.

All other iOS7 and below devices continue to work fine.

ISOHaven

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Yet another phone came in (iphone 6) but that one had no trouble connecting at all.

What the hell?

Last edited:

araphael

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
I was having the same problem with my iPhone 6. Turns out the McAfee EMM service we use at work for mobile device management was not ready to support the new device. An update was provided to IT today and I am now up and running.

platoaddict

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I don't have a solution but iOS 8 is connecting to my work's exchange server. It worked without incident on my iPhone 5, and after requesting a new device, worked without a problem on my new iPhone 6. It's a managed device, so we set it up using mobileiron, which installs the various profiles necessary to manage, including the exchange profile. But, we use iOS Mail app to access email.

digitalhen

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Subject: Error with your new mobile phone partnership

You have 10 phone partnerships out of the maximum allowed 10 partnerships. After you reach the maximum, you can't create additional partnerships until you delete existing ones from your account. To do so, sign in to Outlook Web App, click Options > Phone > Mobile Phones, and delete any unused partnerships.

This was exactly my problem! You saved me a ton of time. Thanks so much.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi Guys,

Just updated to iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S and now it won't get new mail or send mail via my work exchange account.

I have modified my iPhones exchange settings to try and have it reverify (by making them wrong and then right again).

Both with the wrong and right settings I get the verification ticks!!

The phone believes it is connecting with exchange (I get "Updated Now" messages in the Mail app) but my mail message won't work.

My iOS 7 ipad syncs properly still as does my macbook Air.

Anyone else having issues? Have searched around but can't see any other complaints.

Thanks.

Check with your admin. You may have exhausted the # of devices that can be supported. I had to logon through our Web access and delete my iPhone that was listed there 10 times before it started working.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I've been using Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Contacts on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 for ages now and whilst i know Google canned exchange for free accounts both these devices were active before that happened so were fine to carry on using it. iPad 3 is running fine on iOS8 and still using exchange no issue but i restored my iPhone 5 as a new phone last Friday and since then i've been unable to get it to work with Exchange again.

I know the details that are being entered to configure it are correct and they match the iPad. They are accepted as correct but then it doesnt download any mail, contacts or calendar stuff to the phone. I've done a restore on this phone before and reconnected it no issue so no idea whats gone wrong this time. I'm currently connected and got everything back using the Google option on the setup screen instead and using Fetch rather than Push so its not a massive headache but confusing as to why it just wont work.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I've been using Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Contacts on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 for ages now and whilst i know Google canned exchange for free accounts both these devices were active before that happened so were fine to carry on using it. iPad 3 is running fine on iOS8 and still using exchange no issue but i restored my iPhone 5 as a new phone last Friday and since then i've been unable to get it to work with Exchange again.

I know the details that are being entered to configure it are correct and they match the iPad. They are accepted as correct but then it doesnt download any mail, contacts or calendar stuff to the phone. I've done a restore on this phone before and reconnected it no issue so no idea whats gone wrong this time. I'm currently connected and got everything back using the Google option on the setup screen instead and using Fetch rather than Push so its not a massive headache but confusing as to why it just wont work.

See if a visit to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome in mobile Safari can get the sync working again..

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
See if a visit to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome in mobile Safari can get the sync working again..

Cheers for the suggestion but that didnt have any effect. On the list of devices that brings up it just shows my iPad as updating today then 3 different iPhones listed which will be my original 3GS, a replacement 3GS, my iPhone 5 when i first got it and then i think a restore as new on the iPhone 5 a while ago which is showing the last sync date of just before i restored as new on Friday.

Doesnt seem its picked up the iPhone since it was restored to show on that page list. From reading around i think the issue might be that some devices are being given a new Exchange ID after being restored as new with iOS8. Apparently initially devices had a 12 digit ID starting APPL but this has since changed to a 26 digit code. This is what i seem to get on my Phone when i try to set it up so i suspect that Google sees it as a different device and since they canned support for new devices back at the beginning of 2013 it wont work.

Annoying but not a complete disaster...i can still hook up using the standard Google option and my phone is part of the Power Button recall and as the button is playing up i'll be visiting an Apple store soon so might end up with a replacement anyway.

If it becomes an issue using Fetch rather than Push i'll look at changing my Google set up to use iCloud or one of the other options maybe.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I got left behind with Google Apps (free) Exchange ActiveSync on my 5S. I'm jailbroken on iOS7 and use the "Push for Gmail" tweak, which works a charm.

If and when the iOS 8 jailbreak is smoothed over and that particular tweak is updated you could always go that way if you're in control of your own device and you feel "adventurous".

RareElements

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
Intermittent problems with Exchange

Im running the latest version of ios on a 6. I have had several occasions recently where I've stopped getting exchange e_mail for several hours and then had 15-24 e_mails flood in at once. In the meantime, I've had access to wireless (multiple networks) and my cell provider.
My exchange provider (Rackspace) says its nothing on their servers and that they are noticing 11s errors of my device dropping or not making connection.
Doesnt make a lot of sense to me. While ATT. ,y provider is notoriously poor with coverage in New York (where this happened), the fact is that even if I drop a connection because of ATT, when I hit a solid wife connection, it should reconnect. It's almost been like a drain clogging up with all the e-mails and then they come pouring through. I cannot replicate this and it's only happened twice in 5 motnhs, but I lost a major deal because of the last time.
Anybody have thoughts aor anyone experiencing a similar situation?
Thanks

ERdoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
microsoft exchange issue

Did you ever find a fix to this? Having the same problem with my iPad mini 3. My iPhone 6 works perfectly.

tekops

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
iOS 8 won't connect to Exchange

I am having the same issue. Upgraded to a shinny new iPhone 6 plus and now exchange email doesn't work, I get the same verification ticks but no mail folders no new mail no nothing. Did a restore to start with and get the full mailbox but nothing new comes in. It doesn't appear to be talking at all. My iPad Air is still just fine all are running iOS 8 and only the iPhone 6 plus is having issues. The automatic reply setting shows loading... And never comes back. It appears that the verification check doesn't work and the profile never actually gets fully set up. Inbox shows but no sub folders or mail. Default mail and calendar do not have the exchange options showing, etc.

---------------------
I just bought an iPhone 6+ and had the same issue. When trying to set up the account, after entering the server name it would sit on 'Verifying' forever and never end and NEVER be seen by the server. I finally deleted the exchange account and started over because this was a security issue. This time:
  1. set it up again like before
  2. when asked for server name put in a bogus, but real server on the net that won't recognize your credentials
  3. once it fails logging in, try it again, eventually it will tell you it can't verify credentials
  4. save it
  5. then save settings with everything turned on
  6. then go in and edit the profile afterwords and go into advanced settings, turn SSL on
  7. save it
  8. then go into account again and put in the real server name and click DONE
  9. should verify and fetch your mail.
    1. fyi-- this part could sit at the "Verify" a *long* time depending on how much email you have and what your time-period for keeping on your phone was.
Hope this works for you. If I discover anything else I'll update it here.
Thanks,
David

Last edited:

johnabriscoe

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
IOS 8/iPhone 6 not working with Exchange

Hello, all:

I was having the issues described in this thread with getting my Exchange server to work on the iPhone 6/IOS 8. Nothing would make it work (even though I got the check marks when verifying my login credentials). Giving up temporarily, I got out my laptop to check mail. Once I logged in, I found this message:

Subject: Error with your new mobile phone partnership

You have 10 phone partnerships out of the maximum allowed 10 partnerships. After you reach the maximum, you can't create additional partnerships until you delete existing ones from your account. To do so, sign in to Outlook Web App, click Options > Phone > Mobile Phones, and delete any unused partnerships.

I followed the instructions and saw that, yes, I had 10 iPhones/iPads listed in my account, ordered by last sync date.
(note: I had to click 'Options' and then 'See All Options' to get to the 'Phone' menu).
I deleted all the old devices from the list and then set up the Exchange account from my phone. The check boxes appeared again, and after about 1 minute, all my messages and folders were loaded on the phone.

Perhaps some of the users experiencing these issues also have a bunch of current/old devices synced with their Exchange accounts.

Good luck!

-B
Outstanding find!!!! This is exactly what was wrong. You saved me some sleep tonight because I went to bed yesterday frustrated with this one. Thanks so much for sharing the solution!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.