Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Abandoning the star system which many users have utilized for years and years is for many a problem.

Since Apple's music app on iOS continues to degrade in usability and in fairness towards users who actually OWN music and want to rate it with stars, I am looking for alternatives.

Do you know any music player apps for iOS 10 that still allow a star rating? I remember vaguely that "Ecoute" used to be able to rate with stars - but I don't seem to be able to make it work. :(

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: ggarnold

The Weatherman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I know that Marvis and Cesium do it but it seems only Marvis has the love/dislike feature(?). I'm also looking for a replacement for iOS due to the loss of the stars so I still have to try these out.

Have a look at this thread for more info.

Reactions: 0958400

justafew

macrumors member
May 6, 2016
Thanks that was great! I've also found Leech Tunes.

FYI, I'm on the 10.2 beta 3 and the ratings are now back. It's in the three-dot overflow menu, but you can choose the ratings, see the current rating of the song, etc. Not as easy as when you clicked on the artwork and then rated, but at least the functionality is coming back soon.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
FYI, I'm on the 10.2 beta 3 and the ratings are now back. It's in the three-dot overflow menu, but you can choose the ratings, see the current rating of the song, etc. Not as easy as when you clicked on the artwork and then rated, but at least the functionality is coming back soon.
Thanks so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.