iOS Video Editing for Dummies?

jordii

macrumors regular
I've been an avid Mac user since 1990. I've edited plenty of audio and video back in the day. But iOS video editing is a different paradigm and somehow I never picked it up. It confuses me.

Tutorials are all created by people who grew up in iOS. Video editing UI is so second-nature they can't explain methodically. For them, it just intuitively works.

Can anyone recommend a video tutorial for getting up to speed, produced for idiots or Martians (or Martian idiots)?

R S K

macrumors regular
It may also just be because editing on an iPad i.e. iPadOS (I can only hope you don't actually mean iOS) is unintuitive and counterproductive?

But if you insist, Ripple Training have superb tutorials for all things video on Mac, including iPad. FC for iPad (which I can only assume you mean since you don't even say??) even has their (basic) videos as the default tutorials built in.

jordii

macrumors regular
Not FC, just basic video editing within Photos app, on iPad and iPhone.

Yes, I know: why would anyone need a tutorial? And so, if you do, you're out of luck because it's second nature to nearly everyone.

R S K

macrumors regular
Video editing? In Photos?

The name alone doesn't tell you that it's not meant for "editing videos"? It has nothing to do with "if you do, you're out of luck because it's second nature to nearly everyone" when I don't know why anyone would make a video on that, just as much as a video on how to edit images in TextEdit. That's what iMovie is for?

Good luck.

Last edited:

coolguy4747

macrumors regular
Can you give an example of something you're trying to do that's proving difficult?

This might be harder, but could you provide an example of a tutorial that's not been helpful? Trying to get a better idea of what might be actually helpful for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.