Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I've added a few more (soon) Live Activities supported apps to the TS and decided to move up the Live Activities to appear at the top and then the 'regular' lock screen widgets below it.

• Love
Reactions: darkarw and Sal09

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I thought those were different because live activities work for all iPhones, but the dynamic island apps only work for the 14 pros.
Indeed only iPhone 14 Pro supports Dynamic Island which the majority of Live Activity supported apps also support but not all to my knowledge (or they don't always mention it separately in their App Store updates). I'm maintaining it in a separately list although not here on MacRumors.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Indeed only iPhone 14 Pro supports Dynamic Island which the majority of Live Activity supported apps also support but not all to my knowledge (or they don't always mention it separately in their App Store updates). I'm maintaining it in a separately list although not here on MacRumors.

Oh ok cool. I was gonna say, a lot of the those apps don’t have dynamic island support. Do you care to share your DL list?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Some apps listed like Lyft aren't supported (yet). Thanks making it though!
Indeed originally apps like Starbucks, Nike Training Club, Nike Run Club, Uber, Lyft and NBA*, MLB*, Premier League* were mentioned as supporting Live Activities / Dynamic Island so I'm a bit surprised that these don't yet support it as one of the first apps. In addition Box Box Club doesn't support it yet but did indicate to support it soon. I decided to remove these now from the collections. I created this list at first before apps were updated in the App Store to support it.

*possibly via Apple TV app that was a bit unclear from the Apple communication in that regard.

Last edited:

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2014
What do you mean? I'm looking through e.g. Twitter, Reddit, App Store search and various websites and collect them all in this list. All a hobby nothing more.
That’s exactly what I meant, just didn’t know if there was a way to see updates loaded to the App Store, etc. 😉

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
ScoreSpot (Football scores) has just had an update. Now offers 4 styles/designs of Live Activity. Shaping up to be a great app & such a responsive developer. Been tweeting him & he listens & takes suggestions on board.

Reactions: pacorob

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
ScoreSpot (Football scores) has just had an update. Now offers 4 styles/designs of Live Activity. Shaping up to be a great app & such a responsive developer. Been tweeting him & he listens & takes suggestions on board.
For info to access all the different designs of Live Activity you need to subscribe, for free you just get the basic one. Also need to subscribe for the lock screen widget.

Fordski

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2020
Roon Labs (a music player with integration of Local library, Qobuz and Tidal) also supports the Lock Screen (wiki edited). I'm not sure about dynamic Island as I don't have a iPhone 14 pro. Can anyone here check to see if Roon supports DI.

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2014
I just wanted to follow up to let everyone know that now on top of MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, Sports Alerts has added Live Activities for NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball!!!

*edited for context

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
The Marvis Pro app is extremely customizable and has enabled me to create my dream iPod.

CBF0E2E0-BDD6-4D50-9B6E-0E5EC627AB37.png

Reactions: pacorob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.