Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simpleuser128

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Hello all,

I have previous models of the magic keyboard and apple pencil, which came with my iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen (2021).

It is my understanding that the model of the keyboard is - ‘Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2021)”. I have no idea what the model of the pencil is and how to check it, so all I can say is that it was purchased in January 2022.

My question is - will they work with the new Ipad Air 13” 2024?

Thank you in advance.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Hello all,

I have previous models of the magic keyboard and apple pencil, which came with my iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen (2021).

It is my understanding that the model of the keyboard is - ‘Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2021)”. I have no idea what the model of the pencil is and how to check it, so all I can say is that it was purchased in January 2022.

My question is - will they work with the new Ipad Air 13” 2024?

Thank you in advance.
It doesn’t look as if the previous Magic Keyboards will work. There is currently a post here from someone who got his M4 iPP early and the previous keyboard does not work-the magnet placements have been changed. Someone also reviewed the new M4 folio case from Apple and his previous iPad Pro just slides right out as the magnets do not line up or attach. I was hoping my current Magic Keyboard would work but seeing these posts I just went ahead and ordered the new one.

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2021
It doesn’t look as if the previous Magic Keyboards will work. There is currently a post here from someone who got his M4 iPP early and the previous keyboard does not work-the magnet placements have been changed.
The question was about the iPad Air M2, not the iPad Pro M4.

Reactions: Simpleuser128
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.