Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Ya you’ll be fine to hold out. Just don’t use an iPP that way you won’t know what you’re missing. My Air 2 did everything quite well until I upgraded and then I thought wow, I can’t believe how fast I thought my Air 2 was
I have a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 and for normal tasks, it's not really noticeably faster than the Air 2.

That said, the lack of ProMotion on older models did make my other devices (iPhone 7, Pro 9.7, Air 2) feel a bit laggier so I've disabled that feature on my Pro.

Thares

Cancelled
Feb 25, 2011
I actually switched from the iPad Pro 10.5 back to a new refurbished Air 2 due to the lower costs. It runs iOS 11 really well. The screen and the overall thickness are —except of the 120 hertz refresh rate— are quite similar to the 10.5. I also checked out the regular new iPad 2017 but it‘s just worse than thr Air 2 in every direction.

So, quite ironically I am back at the Air 2 I sold 2 years ago to get a huge 12“ which was great at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.