Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamonearth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Hi all,

I received my new iPad Air M2 yesterday and have noticed inside when FaceTiming the camera flickering.

I’m in Australia so know it’s due to the downlights frequency but how do I change the settings to stop the flickering?

Tried Dr Google but no luck so far.

adamonearth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Hey there,

Congrats on your new iPad Air M2! It sounds like you're experiencing some flickering due to the downlights frequency, which can be a bit annoying. Unfortunately, changing the settings directly on the iPad to address this specific issue might not be possible.

One workaround could be adjusting the lighting conditions in your room or trying to position yourself and the iPad in a way that minimizes the flickering. Additionally, using an external light source or diffuser might help mitigate the problem.

If you're still having trouble, reaching out to Apple Support or checking online forums for similar experiences and solutions might provide some helpful insights.

Hope this helps!
Thanks.

Currently messaging with Apple support and they are escalating it to the next level support.

Funnily I didn’t have this issue with the iPad 6 this has replaced.

Cant do much about the downlights as they are inbuilt.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Hey there,

Congrats on your new iPad Air M2! It sounds like you're experiencing some flickering due to the downlights frequency, which can be a bit annoying. Unfortunately, changing the settings directly on the iPad to address this specific issue might not be possible.

One workaround could be adjusting the lighting conditions in your room or trying to position yourself and the iPad in a way that minimizes the flickering. Additionally, using an external light source or diffuser might help mitigate the problem.

If you're still having trouble, reaching out to Apple Support or checking online forums for similar experiences and solutions might provide some helpful insights.

Hope this helps!
That reads like AI-generated.

adamonearth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
After a meet at Genius Bar iPad being returned and refunded.

Such a disappointment they haven’t considered flickering due to different frequencies!

• Haha
Reactions: ideaprison
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.