Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthlinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
My brother has got a old Ipad and my son needs a new tablet but plays roblox, but it says iOS 11 is required but I understand the iPad can go up to iPad OS 16, is this the same so would my son be able to play roblox on the iPad.

Is iOS and iPad OS the same?

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
My brother has got a old Ipad and my son needs a new tablet but plays roblox, but it says iOS 11 is required but I understand the iPad can go up to iPad OS 16, is this the same so would my son be able to play roblox on the iPad.

Is iOS and iPad OS the same?

you sure its the iPad 5th gen

if so the iPad 5th gen can not run iPad OS 16

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
iPadOS 16 is the equivalent of iOS 16.

Previously, iPads ran "iOS" but with version 13 and forward the smart marketing people thought it would be great to call it iPadOS instead as it would trick people into thinking they were going to differentiate them more.

So back in iOS 11 days, it was simply called iOS 11 even for iPads.

darthlinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
iPadOS 16 is the equivalent of iOS 16.

Previously, iPads ran "iOS" but with version 13 and forward the smart marketing people thought it would be great to call it iPadOS instead as it would trick people into thinking they were going to differentiate them more.

So back in iOS 11 days, it was simply called iOS 11 even for iPads.
So that means Roblox would run then as it is higher than iOS 11 just iPad os

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.