Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Tried this with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9" and I can see it happen on a dark background but I have to push with a fair amount of pressure to make it happen and it mostly seems to occur on the edges. I guess it causes the screen flex a bit closer to the backlight. With the Pencil I would have to press pretty hard to make it happen as well. In real use I have never noticed this.

If it occurs more easily on the new models then that's no good.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Tried this with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9" and I can see it happen on a dark background but I have to push with a fair amount of pressure to make it happen and it mostly seems to occur on the edges. I guess it causes the screen flex a bit closer to the backlight. With the Pencil I would have to press pretty hard to make it happen as well. In real use I have never noticed this.

If it occurs more easily on the new models then that's no good.

That was my experience with instore demo models. On my 11”, I have never seen this issue using my finger or pencil. I haven’t tried forcing it to see the issue.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
The 10.5 doesn’t have this issue or the 9.7 before it.
However, the 10.5 inch has the white spot on the screen.

Can’t seem to win after the iPad Pro 9.7 they all seem to have issues.

FenrirWolf

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2018
Adelaide
Yeah my 11” doesn’t do this, and I tried some demo models in store before buying also doesn’t have this. First time I saw it was on this videoat around 1:48 mark. I don’t think it’s nomal

Reactions: Tron72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.