Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaniJoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2015
California
4 GB RAM, big screen, 64-bit chip, nice speakers, nice pencil! a little too big, but a euphoric experience. What tablet is better on the market today? Outside of the cost, how can you go wrong? Please tell me in all sincerity.

Well, it's just a nice all around companion device for me. Initially, when I got mine 1.5 years ago, I was hoping it could be my main device, but after all this time I've learned its not capable enough yet. The hardware and software need to be better. But, a iPad ever likely be good enough for all my computing needs, I don't see apple's vision headed in that direction. It makes more sense to make stuff more consumer oriented. That's the bigger user base. Fortunately there are other tablets available with more powerful software and hardware.

Better is totally subjective and based of each individuals needs. It's Nice that there are so many quality choices out today.

Reactions: KohPhiPhi

KohPhiPhi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2011
4 GB RAM, big screen, 64-bit chip, nice speakers, nice pencil! a little too big, but a euphoric experience. What tablet is better on the market today?

In my opinion, the problem with the iPad Pro 12.9" (or 9.7" for that matter) is that its incredible hardware (which is amazing) is underutilized by an OS with a common denominator of a 4.7" phone. Neither the OS or its Apps take advantage of the glorious screen, double stereo speakers, extra RAM, etc.

The iPad Pro is an awesome hardware gimped by an overly simplistic software.

DaniJoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2015
California
In my opinion, the problem with the iPad Pro 12.9" (or 9.7" for that matter) is that its incredible hardware (which is amazing) is underutilized by an OS with a common denominator of a 4.7" phone. Neither the OS or its Apps take advantage of the glorious screen, double stereo speakers, extra RAM, etc.

The iPad Pro is an awesome hardware gimped by an overly simplistic software.

It's pretty awesome for an ARM processor. Great power for the batter life offered. I still need more RAM though. 4gb is low for HD painting IMHO. I've run into limitations. Editing raw is a bit slow , however , considering this device focuses on battery life before performance I find the performance acceptable

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
The 12.9 needs a Truetone screen, and a solid state home button with 2nd gen TouchID, then we could talk.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
The 12.9 needs a Truetone screen, and a solid state home button with 2nd gen TouchID, then we could talk.

Id rather a redesign. All iPads are still basically the original iPad Air in terms of design.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Id rather a redesign. All iPads are still basically the original iPad Air in terms of design.
Because that's a good design! Shaving a mm off each side bezel doesn't improve the day to day functionality like TrueTone combined with a solid state home button and 2nd gen TouchID.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Because that's a good design! Shaving a mm off each side bezel doesn't improve the day to day functionality like TrueTone combined with a solid state home button and 2nd gen TouchID.

Its funny how people get upset the iphone hasnt changed much since the 6 but the ipads stayed the same from when the 5S was released and its ok. Im not dying for a change, but reduced bezels with 2.5D curved glass would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.