Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
Yes, always midnight PST.

No it is not. I can't remember which device it was exactly (but it was within the last two years at least), a pre-order started around 6AM pacific time.

Only iPhone has a exact pre-order time at 12:00

But I have to say, in most situations, when apple says pre order starts someday, it starts midnight....

Reactions: MansBestTech

redsoxguy676

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2012
Anyone know if they will do a preorder and pickup in store type thing like they did for the 6s?

I liked being able to have my device held for me to just walk in and pick up at my local store.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
A related question: Will preorders be available for pickup only? The website says "order 3/24 available 3/31". In the past I believe it has said "delivered on" and not "available on". I may be reading into it, but this leads me to believe if you want it on the 31st, it's pickup only.

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
No it is not. I can't remember which device it was exactly (but it was within the last two years at least), a pre-order started around 6AM pacific time.

That was the Apple TV last year. As far as I can recall iPhones, iPads, and the Apple Watch pre-orders always have started between midnight and 1am Pacific.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
A related question: Will preorders be available for pickup only? The website says "order 3/24 available 3/31". In the past I believe it has said "delivered on" and not "available on". I may be reading into it, but this leads me to believe if you want it on the 31st, it's pickup only.

You're reading wrong.

mgipe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
CA
Why not 12:00 PDT since we are now on daylight saving time? 12:00 PST is 1:00 AM, which seems an odd time to open orders.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON

Only iPhone has a exact pre-order time at 12:00

But I have to say, in most situations, when apple says pre order starts someday, it starts midnight....
Apple Watch was 12 AM PST.
[doublepost=1458685911][/doublepost]
Which means early Friday for me. I can wait for an iPad if I have to.
Thursday I think. I mean that is if you want to get in at the start?
[doublepost=1458685951][/doublepost]
Why not 12:00 PDT since we are now on daylight saving time? 12:00 PST is 1:00 AM, which seems an odd time to open orders.
It is around the world all at once. It's going to be 12:00 AM in one of the time zones.
[doublepost=1458686034][/doublepost]
Not 100% sure. Tim said "Shipping 3/31." Apple uses overnight shipping and aims to deliver the same day they make them available in store (assuming they have stock). Friday has typically been the "big delivery day" on new items lately so I would guess April 1 in stores?

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
Apple Watch was 12 AM PST.
[doublepost=1458685911][/doublepost]
Thursday I think. I mean that is if you want to get in at the start?
[doublepost=1458685951][/doublepost]
It is around the world all at once. It's going to be 12:00 AM in one of the time zones.
[doublepost=1458686034][/doublepost]
Not 100% sure. Tim said "Shipping 3/31." Apple uses overnight shipping and aims to deliver the same day they make them available in store (assuming they have stock). Friday has typically been the "big delivery day" on new items lately so I would guess April 1 in stores?

there are usually 2 cases for pre-orders,
one is that 'delivery date' is the available date, on which item will be available BOTH in store and at your front door
the second is that the 'available' date is only shipping date, on which apple ships then the delivery date may vary based on your location, and on that day, the item may or may not be available in store.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Has 12:01 PAcific Time been confirmed?

Nope. Plus usually we *hope* for it about then, but sometimes the store locks up and it takes hours after for it to come up and be responsive. If you really want one, be prepared on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, PC/Mac) to attempt, as sometimes you can get a preorder from the Apple Store app but the website's not quite up yet.

I don't think it'll be as tough as iPhone 6+ preorder fiasco, but I definitely had to get up at midnight to preorder my iPad Pro and even then, I didn't get the Pencil at launch. (Ended up calling Apple Stores locally daily until someone had a Pencil in stock).

MansBestTech

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Anyone know when/if it will go on preorder at BB? It just says coming soon on their website. I've got some gift cards I'd like to use...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.