Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If you can't walk into an Apple store on the 31st then TC really blew it on planning as Apple had lots of leeway when to announce and put it on sale. No reason they shouldn't have been in production two months ago since it's similar parts as the 13". I'd be absolutely stunned if there wasn't healthy stock on launch day. I've had every iPad since the first on launch day and can't remember having a problem. iPads are not iPhones. Much smaller market. Even smaller this time with the price hike.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Verizon says 12:01 Pacific Time, so I assume its like usual for anyone interested.

Orders begin March 24.
Online at 12:01 AM PT.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
I did an online chat with best buy and the guy said they will have it available for pre order on march 24th but he was not sure on the time
Except sometimes Best Buy reps doesn't know what they are saying....

I have an air 2 pre-ordered from Best Buy for pick up. And they told me 2 days ahead of official release date saying it's ready. Though it was not. And they emailed me again the next day (which is still one day ahead) and still, after showing up in store, they said it was a mistake again. At last, on the release day, I got the third 'ready' email and when I showed up in store the third time, they said they are out, even though I had reserved one DAYS ahead... Luckily another bestbuy store had very last one, so I have my store called them and put it aside and drove there immediately.

So if I could, I'd avoid pre-ordering from bestbuy.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Except sometimes Best Buy reps doesn't know what they are saying....

I have an air 2 pre-ordered from Best Buy for pick up. And they told me 2 days ahead of official release date saying it's ready. Though it was not. And they emailed me again the next day (which is still one day ahead) and still, after showing up in store, they said it was a mistake again. At last, on the release day, I got the third 'ready' email and when I showed up in store the third time, they said they are out, even though I had reserved one DAYS ahead... Luckily another bestbuy store had very last one, so I have my store called them and put it aside and drove there immediately.

So if I could, I'd avoid pre-ordering from bestbuy.

I was thinking about pre ordering from bhphotovideo because with them I wouldnt have to pay sales tax(Im in California so here I would have to pay around 35 bucks extra in tax alone) just not sure if its OK to order an iPad from them, I already got an email from them regarding the pre orders being available on their site just not sure if they ship them out right away

alanlau007

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Irvine
I was thinking about pre ordering from bhphotovideo because with them I wouldnt have to pay sales tax(Im in California so here I would have to pay around 35 bucks extra in tax alone) just not sure if its OK to order an iPad from them, I already got an email from them regarding the pre orders being available on their site just not sure if they ship them out right away

I bought my Macbook Pro from them, saved a lot because no sales tax. The 9.25% tax in LA is equivalent to a cpu or ram upgrade. They take their holidays very seriously. When they say they are closed or not taking order, they really mean it. Otherwise, they ship item out right away as long as they have it in stock.

Last edited:

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
UK
Just wondering, I have a couple apple gift cards loaded in my passbook/wallet app. Will these show up at check out in the Apple Store app or will I have to type in the voucher codes?

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
Only 2GB of ram is the reason why this hasn't sold out

Last edited:

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
iPads don't really sell out anymore is more of a reason, average buyer probably doesn't care or know about the 2GB's or ram.

Average buyers aren't stupid as Apple may think. If this had 4GB of ram this would be like iPad 2 all over again..

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
The "average: buyer has no idea how much RAM the device has. Half do not even know what RAM is.

It is US, in the forums, that are not normal not the people out there just moving through life.

Like I said, keep thinking people are stupid and Apple will turn into Sony quick

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I bought my Macbook Pro from them, saved a lot because no sales tax. The 9.25% tax in LA is equivalent to a cpu or ram upgrade. They take their holidays very seriously. When they say they are closed or not taking order, they really mean it. Otherwise, they ship item out right away as long as they have it in stock.
Yeah Im just not sure of one thing, lets say after I get the iPad from them that there is a problem with it, can I go to the apple store and get a new replacement..would I be covered under warranty because I bought it from them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.