Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
So the previous iphones I had, the 4s, original SE and this 13 mini, I always buy a case from amazon and it's those soft cases where it only covers the back and side of the phone and soft. Thus it isn't those hard cases and not a fan of those because those are hard cases and many even cover the iphone screen which I don't like.

Now every iphone case I buy, eventually it gets yellow and disgusting. So the case is always clear but then gets yellow every time. Are there any cases that don't get yellow or it has to happen eventually? I use my phone with the case when outside and inside and never cared about the yellowing of the case besides it looks bad except when I use it on the bed. I would remove the case when using it in the bed.

Anyone have a recommendation for a case here? Or just buy the same case and it gets yellow months later and get new one?

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
I use the black apple leather case. Looks and feels amazing after a while. Grippy and light weight

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
I also really like the Apple brand leather cases as well as their silicone case. I think those were the only two cases I ever used on my 13 mini.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I know there a couple of more expensive clear cases that are explicitly formulated from plastics that don’t yellow, but you’ve gotta pay for that.

So really if you’re not bothered by the look just go with the $8 Amazon ones, otherwise you’re jumping into around the $25+ range or realistically $40+ for peace of mind.

What’s it worth it to you?

Personally I use the MagBack case on my 13 mini. These were the “Mafsafe before Apple did MagSafe” solution. If I didn’t already have my car set up with MagBack’s magnetic mounts I’d go any black soft case with Masafe, or back to leather.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
The thing is I always use those plastic cases that eventually go yellow. I don't like a case covering the entire phone. But is the case you use not cover the whole phone but protect it? Also no coloring issue?

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I’ve got the 13 Mini. Check “Woot” (an Amazon owned company). I bought an Apple leather case a couple months ago….for $15! New!

Reactions: mikext
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.