Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
I mainly use my 13 mini as an ipod. I use it when I go for walks, snow shoveling, mowing and mountain biking. It's alot easier to carry the mini around during those then the 13 PM, which I use as my main phone.

• Haha
Reactions: prazakj

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
I switched from 12 Mini to 13 Mini, first day, i am a bit disappointed, it doesnt change at all, i have same battery life as my 1 year old 12 Mini?!
Maybe its because of indexing?

Last edited:

teapot_88

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2022
I switched from 12 Mini to 13 Mini, first day, i am a bit disappointed, it doesnt change at all, i have same battery life as my 1 year old 12 Mini?!
could you please observe this? Currently, I'm using the new 12 mini with 100% battery health and was using the 11. I'm still keeping my 11 for several days just in case I'd prefer it over the 12 mini because of the battery life reason. I feel lucky not to buy a 13 mini because the 12 mini battery is shorter than my current 11, even with 84% battery health. Based on my research of many reviews, 13 mini battery can only lasts about 10% longer than the 12 mini which still can't compete the 11. I'd like to hear your opinion because actually I'm still considering to get the 13 mini.

prazakj

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2020
To me it was first days not really good. After first few days it went much better than I thought. Mostly around 2-3hours of SoT before dropped to 50%. 4hours per day of SoT wasn’t a problem with 13 mini for me. Something I didn’t with 12 mini. At least for me.

Reactions: Fozamo

Quackington

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
England, UK
I went from a regular 11 to a 13 Mini. Love the size difference and battery isn’t as bad as I was expecting. I usually get through the day and sometimes into the next day without charging. I’m not a ‘power user’ or anything. Just some browsing and streaming radio.

The few times where I’ve really needed to charge (usually end of the day), I’ve been near an outlet and a half an hour fast charge replenishes a significant amount of battery.

prazakj

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2020
I went from a regular 11 to a 13 Mini. Love the size difference and battery isn’t as bad as I was expecting. I usually get through the day and sometimes into the next day without charging. I’m not a ‘power user’ or anything. Just some browsing and streaming radio.

The few times where I’ve really needed to charge (usually end of the day), I’ve been near an outlet and a half an hour fast charge replenishes a significant amount of battery.
That’s something you could really enjoy with mini. Charging while needed is very fast, thanks to its smaller factor. I use dual SIM on 13 mini and I was scared about battery life after experience with 12 mini, but it surprised me a lot. I don’t have a problem to end a day in very late hours with 40% of battery.

Reactions: Quackington

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
My iPhone 13 Mini drains battery life constantly at idle, same as my 12 Mini
I may have problem with Whatsapp, 2 min of use and 20 min of background, something wrong with Whatsapp right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.