Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you want the mini but needed the better features of the pro?

• Total voters

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I would much rather Apple take the extra space and use it to beef up the battery, and then increase the PWM rate on the backlight so I can use the phone without side effects. The previous small phone, the iPhone SE, is really showing its age.

Reactions: ericgtr12

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
I would like to see mini with 13 Pro Max cameras, ss frame, bigger battery, adaptive rate display. Wouldnt mind if being a bit thicker. Oh and for the sake of display usefulness, the notch should be dropped in favor of underscreen camera, but that wont happen for a year or two?

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
camera difference isn't a big deal. I had the pro max and experience too much lens flare compared to my mini.

Mini 13 wish list: big battery, thumb ID sensor alternative (for lay of table unlocking). That's really it not much complaints. I'm fine with a regular camera, fine with the notch. Happy with the design.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Given we may not see the mini again, I will probably update again, unless I have solid reason to believe it will become a permanent offering in the lineup. Nothing wrong with 2 minis. lol
I know I don’t think we will see one again.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You have no way of knowing that. It’s just pure speculation.
That is true. I am speculating that we won't see a pro mini. I hope I am wrong but, I don't think I am.

Apple has no need to do such, even if the mini life span wasn't in question. If Apple did that, it could affect sales of the larger phones., which are made for the higher end audience.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
That is true. I am speculating that we won't see a pro mini. I hope I am wrong but, I don't think I am.

Apple has no need to do such, even if the mini life span wasn't in question. If Apple did that, it could affect sales of the larger phones., which are made for the higher end audience.
I think it is very unlikely that we'll see an iPhone pro mini. The mini has never really been a "pro" device in Apple history. Have to agree with @Apple_Robert here.

Reactions: snipr125

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico

The Mini was also made for the high end market. Obviously Apple needs to improve their marketing in order for people (including here on this forum) to stop comparing the 12 mini to the budget-non-high-end SE.

EDIT: Of course it boils down to profit, but I think Apple could easily afford to add one more phone to the lineup (I don’t think ‘mini’ is the best name, but a Pro version of it might sell well enough... ?‍♂️).
Anywho, I hope you’re wrong, Robert ?

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
camera difference isn't a big deal. I had the pro max and experience too much lens flare compared to my mini.

Mini 13 wish list: big battery, thumb ID sensor alternative (for lay of table unlocking). That's really it not much complaints. I'm fine with a regular camera, fine with the notch. Happy with the design.
looks like you have an Apple Watch. Enabled unlock and that ‘lay on the table unlocking’ works perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.