Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
My 15 pro has suddenly been very glitchy for the last few days. It's on 17.4.1 and I have an apple watch series 7 and it's on Watch OS 10.4. Generally they've been fine although my series 7 battery is not great but that's expected. It has 80% health. I noticed in the last few days though a few weird things happening.
- my phone being pretty hot
- my phone battery draining
- my watch not logging things like sleep sometimes
- health data just not being logged. sometimes my steps, calories etc not being logged. sometimes things like daylight hours. Just some health data just stops.
- my airpods for some time a few days ago couldn't connect to find my (now it's fine).

all of these are small things but all together seem pretty glitchy. are there any solutions or should i try factory resetting or something?

I've tried restarting both phone and watch but that hasn't worked.

SkweeBop

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2024
If you haven't downloaded any new apps or changed settings deliberately, the dead simplest thing to start with is shutting it down for 10 minutes and see if problems persist when you've restarted it.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
If you haven't downloaded any new apps or changed settings deliberately, the dead simplest thing to start with is shutting it down for 10 minutes and see if problems persist when you've restarted it.
thanks i will try that - that actually makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.