Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
For my use case, I find battery life on my 15PM to be excellent. I start the day at 80% and end about 50%. Same usage as the phone it replaced, which was a xs max. The max used significantly more of the battery.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I had iPhone 13 Pro Max, replaced it with 15 Pro Max and it is really disappointing that after 2 years Apple is not able to make some reasonable improvement of battery life - that is actually one of the main points of having a mobile phone. The battery life is not even the same but slightly less during the normal daily use. What is the use of adding some megapixels and some secondary mostly useless loudly presented features?

Really careless ... I expected reasonably longer battery life and not just some usual minor "as if" improvements ...
Well just hope the future iPhones don’t get thinner (as one poster on this forum was complaining about) because if they do, battery life will be even worse. Battery life is dependent on how the iPhone is used. Gaming, shooting video, photography, etc will drain the battery quicker. I’m guessing the new A17 chip requires more power to support gaming and other activities.
Turning off WIFI & Bluetooth when not in use helps a lot. Are you constantly browsing facebook or instagram all day? Use Safari a lot? Go to settings and reduce white point to around 30-40%, that’s helps. Turn auto brightness on.

rogerbanana

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2019
This is just a regular problem of linearity with this new chips since box(12+) design.

Basically my wife gets 14.5 hrs out of 15 pro max, while i get 6-7-9 hours out of it cause mine is losing battery at idle more so than i use the phone and screen itself.

If you use constantly then you get “battery’s worth” and if not then you still lose battery but do not accrue use time out of it.
I don't really follow this, are you saying yours and your wife's battery are different? Or are they the same but the use case affects SOT?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.