Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Does the updated Torras 3D pick up dust and lint at the edges? I have the Flolab and love the fact that it doesn’t pick up any, but I’m beyond annoyed of all the fingerprints and smudges so I’m considering switching to that Torras…
Little to no dust/lint on my 3D torras. The old version was bad but the edges are always clean with the 3D version.
DSCF0318.jpeg

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
That’s great to know! Just pulled the trigger on Amazon as it’s also discounted right now. Thanks for your input!
Not a problem! I tried at least 7 different screen protectors and this is by far the best IMO. Haven't tried any “sapphire” ones though.

Reactions: AnJarBo

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Not a problem! I tried at least 7 different screen protectors and this is by far the best IMO. Haven't tried any “sapphire” ones though.
It’s time for me to replace my WKSEN just because of some scratches. Zero complaints otherwise. Are you saying the new Torras is better coverage than the WSKEN (with the speaker lip)?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Recently swapped out my 15 for a 15P thought I try a WKSEN over the usual Torras screen protectors and I wish I had not bothered to be honest. Horrid installation process and left dust and bubbles on both attempts. Also it seemed to cut of the sides too. Torras ones for me are pretty good and usually about 99.9% dust free, and seemingly don’t cut into the screen well at least when I had a Torras on my 15.
You gotta but the right on. I’ve been using this one and have zero complaints. Coverage, edges and oleophobic coating are superior. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at this thread but I don’t see any proof that anything has been able to dethrone the WSKEN.

https://www.amazon.com/WSKEN-iPhone-Pro-Max-Shatterproof/dp/B0CC5QN8F4

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
You gotta but the right on. I’ve been using this one and have zero complaints. Coverage, edges and oleophobic coating are superior. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at this thread but I don’t see any proof that anything has been able to dethrone the WSKEN.

https://www.amazon.com/WSKEN-iPhone-Pro-Max-Shatterproof/dp/B0CC5QN8F4
I’m happy with the Torras and you’re happy with the WSKEN and that’s all that matters. However I have tried to contact WSKEN customer support and have yet got a response back. Don’t mind trying again but the installation is not as good as the Torras one.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I’m happy with the Torras and you’re happy with the WSKEN and that’s all that matters. However I have tried to contact WSKEN customer support and have yet got a response back. Don’t mind trying again but the installation is not as good as the Torras one.
What?! No. This is the internet. We must argue with complete strangers. You can’t be this rational to expect people like different things.

😝

• Haha
Reactions: Lustral

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
It’s time for me to replace my WKSEN just because of some scratches. Zero complaints otherwise. Are you saying the new Torras is better coverage than the WSKEN (with the speaker lip)?
Never tried that one but if you get the Torras, make sure to get the upgraded version!

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Just got out of the steam room with a Shellrus installed. The edges are bad, but not nearly as bad as Flolab's. Oleophobic coating (if it has one) seems to be of top quality. Reflectivity seems higher than glass, probably due to the smoother surface.

Will throw on a case to compensate for the rough edges and update regarding dust tomorrow when I've put some miles on it.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Update after 2ish days with the Shellrus Sapphire.

The Good:
- This thing is super smooth. Downright mirror-like at odd angles.
- Coverage is at least as good as the Flolab or Torras
- Promises exceptional scratch resistance. So far, no scratches.

The Bad
- The edge is bad, similar to Flolab's. Not rounded enough, finger gets caught on it constantly. Thankfully it's not nearly as bad as the Belkin they have at the Apple store, that thing is downright offensive.

The Very Annoying
- DUST! The edges collect all kinds of crud just like the Torras protector.

I'll be keeping mine on, was too expensive to shed as quickly as some of the other brands, but for being so expensive it has no business being average. Overall can't recommend, unless the slightest scratch drives you up a wall like it does for me.

Reactions: Supermallet

AnJarBo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Ok so about the UPGRADED Torras, this thing is legit!!! Hands down the best one I’ve had for the 15PM. Much better than the original Torras and the Flolab.
Edges are amazingly rounded and merge into the screen’s edge, no dust on the edges, seriously smooth, and so far very good oleophobic coating.
Only “Con” is that it does intrude just the slightest sliver into the screen, but it’s completely tolerable and outweighed by all the Pros.
All in all my favorite by far!

Reactions: GeneticBloom

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Ok so about the UPGRADED Torras, this thing is legit!!! Hands down the best one I’ve had for the 15PM. Much better than the original Torras and the Flolab.
Edges are amazingly rounded and merge into the screen’s edge, no dust on the edges, seriously smooth, and so far very good oleophobic coating.
Only “Con” is that it does intrude just the slightest sliver into the screen, but it’s completely tolerable and outweighed by all the Pros.
All in all my favorite by far!

How can we be sure which one we're getting? Does it have a separate listing?

Not getting rid of my sapphire, but my brother could use a screen protector and we have the same phone.

Pitakah

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2023
You guys as a community are on the game when it comes to screen protectors. So much bad, misinformed advice on Reddit, android forums etc…

I bought The 1st revision TORRAS back in October. Going to order the updated one.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I've had the updated gen Torras on since it was released (don't remember when that was even), and the oleophobic coating is still just as good as day one.

I have it combined with the Nomad sport case, and it is seamless. If someone picked up the phone who didn't know, I don't think you could even tell it has a screen protector on. It has become one with the case and I love it, because there's no dust trapped like happened with the 1st gen.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I've had the updated gen Torras on since it was released (don't remember when that was even), and the oleophobic coating is still just as good as day one.

I have it combined with the Nomad sport case, and it is seamless. If someone picked up the phone who didn't know, I don't think you could even tell it has a screen protector on. It has become one with the case and I love it, because there's no dust trapped like happened with the 1st gen.
Yep, keep going back to the updated torras protector. Seems like people kept buying the old version without realizing the new one had a separate product listing on amazon lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.