Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I doubt it now that I've read that there are no major redesign plans. Redesigns are my favorite reason to upgrade and I already had to spend the money to replace my damaged iPhone 14 Pro Max with a 15 Pro.

How do you like your 15 Pro?

nikikaly21

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2019
How do you like your 15 Pro?
I love it! I wasn't planning on upgrading from my 14 Pro Max until it broke apart (my fault), but really appreciate the smaller Pro form factor more. The Max was giving me wrist pain, and the lower titanium weight really helps, too.

My original plan was to go from 14 Pro Max to 16 Pro, hoping for that redesign. Now that there are likely no plans to change the form factor, I'm planning on sticking with the 15 Pro until the 17 or later.

Reactions: Al Rukh

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Got my blue titanium 15 Pro in February and it’s hands down the best iPhone I’ve used and this colour is 🔥🔥 With the rounded edges and slightly lighter titanium frame it’s an absolute joy to hold and use, the one handed ability is priceless. Pocket rocket 😃

My next iPhone will probably be the 17 Pro… maybe some design tweaks by then.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: nburwell

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Got my blue titanium 15 Pro in February and it’s hands down the best iPhone I’ve used and this colour is With the rounded edges and slightly lighter titanium frame it’s an absolute joy to hold and use, the one handed ability is priceless. Pocket rocket

My next iPhone will probably be the 17 Pro… maybe some design tweaks by then.

The blue 15 Pro is such a gentleman’s iPhone. What happened to your 15 Plus?

Reactions: James6s

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
If the screen of the regular Pro gets bigger, I would be less inclined to upgrade from my 15 Pro. Seems silly, but I don’t like big phones; even though the rumor is moving from 6.1 to 6.3” screen (unless they further shrink the bezels).

All in all, I’m pretty happy with my 15 Pro. It’s ultimately going to depend on the features the 16 Pro has. But I definitely wouldn’t rule out keeping my 15 Pro.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Not sure yet, I have upgraded every year since the 5 (with the exception of the 13 series, I skipped that) but it all depends on what the 16 series brings to the table.

Reactions: James6s and Al Rukh

Cape532

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2024
I wanted to love my PM 15. I don’t see myself upgrading, perhaps it was due to the offer Boost infinite gave me. $58 a month financed after being a boost mobile customer for years @ $35 a month for an iPhone 12 (paid for). I can’t tell if I’m infuriated at apple or the carrier. I switched because boost mobile was raking me over the coals when I saw what they were charging new customers.

I admit to being cheap. Apple sucks at giving actual answers to any problem I have. I miss my 12. I have an android a15 as my business phone free from US cellular pre paid. I enjoy that POS more.

I keep the iPhone because I don’t want to be the green bubble guy. Man did I make a stupid mistake if you’re not hardcore and enjoy your IPhone DON’T UPGRADE.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I wanted to love my PM 15. I don’t see myself upgrading, perhaps it was due to the offer Boost infinite gave me. $58 a month financed after being a boost mobile customer for years @ $35 a month for an iPhone 12 (paid for). I can’t tell if I’m infuriated at apple or the carrier. I switched because boost mobile was raking me over the coals when I saw what they were charging new customers.

I admit to being cheap. Apple sucks at giving actual answers to any problem I have. I miss my 12. I have an android a15 as my business phone free from US cellular pre paid. I enjoy that POS more.

I keep the iPhone because I don’t want to be the green bubble guy. Man did I make a stupid mistake if you’re not hardcore and enjoy your IPhone DON’T UPGRADE.

That’s true. I think yearly upgrades are overrated. I’m still finding the iPhone that I truly love. Sold my 11 PM in 2022 and I regret that decision.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
That’s true. I think yearly upgrades are overrated. I’m still finding the iPhone that I truly love. Sold my 11 PM in 2022 and I regret that decision.
I got hand-me-down 14PM and was contemplating an upgrade all year until recently bit the bullet and switched to 15 Pro. The best decision ever.

It was hard to justify the upgrade, but i went too long with the decision because on paper nothing much changed. But now I have no wrist cramps and the quality of my pictures have increased simply because taking it out and snapping a pic was never a breeze with a hefty 14 PM.

15 Pro is a truly ultimate keeper phone for me, given 16 Pro will increase in size which is not welcome from me.

Reactions: James6s and Al Rukh

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Unless the AI features on the next iPhone are groundbreaking and they require a 16 Pro to use, I have no reason to upgrade. The 15 Pro is plenty for me. I would think the 15 Pro is also powerful enough to run whatever AI features iOS 18 will have built in

Lakris

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
No, I don't think I'll upgrade this year since I upgraded from the 11 to the 14 and then the 15pro last year. I didn't plan to upgrade last year either but it was a spur of the moment thing and I had wanted an pro phone for a long time. Not a definite no since I didn't think I would upgrade last year, but I really don't think so. The thing about iPhones is that the upgrade isn't very big, the software is mostly the same and there is small, but good changes but not worth upgrading.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
If I may ask; why?

Bigger display
Bigger battery/battery life
Bigger main and ultra wide sensor so better cameras
Capture button sounds interesting

That’s all we know of so far. I tend to upgrade every year and cameras are a big reason for that

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Bigger display
Bigger battery/battery life
Bigger main and ultra wide sensor so better cameras
Capture button sounds interesting

That’s all we know of so far. I tend to upgrade every year and cameras are a big reason for that
Are you going from a regular Pro to a Max? I didn't think that the display and battery life increases are expected to be very significant otherwise.

As for the camera, I can understand enjoying improvements in that area, but personally I don't think I've been able to tell the difference anymore since the 12 Pro. 😅

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
I highly doubt I'll upgrade from my 15PM - only just got that myself in Jan 2024 and moved from a 14PM simply to get everything to USB C etc...

The 16PM won't be enough of an upgrade in all honesty

But I will probably look to upgrade to the next AWU when that's released as the 2 wasn't enough of an upgrade over the AWU

Reactions: ctjack

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Sticking with my 15 pro as "slightly bigger screen" also means wider & likely heavier. This size is my size limit for shorts, light jackets etc which I wear 8 months of the year. Even with XL hands, I prefer the smaller 15 Pro & will likely hand down my 15 Pro Max I tried for 2 months to one of my kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctjack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.