Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amazingpupil

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2021
I so wish Caudabe had their clear cases available for the 16 Pro Max at launch.

If the Mous is prone to scratches though, I may get the Otterbox Lumen. Still looking around though.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ok I ordered a Synthesis and a $9 ESR case from Amazon.

I know I will want something with more drop protection but will attempt to hold until others purchase and review cases.

Check back on this post in to coming days to see if I held firm. Possibly coming hours
Yeah, I think this is going to be my route as well...a cheap ESR until reviews and CC access matters are all fleshed out.

I never use screen protectors and have never regretted that decision, but I do for the first time have the smallest of scratches on my 13P, so I'm considering the ESR Armorite on the 16P. The 92% light transmittal boast actually made me hesitate. Do these dim/dull to any appreciable extent?

techishi

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
US
I think my plan is to get an Apple silicone case until Caudabe updates their cases with a camera button cover. I feel like that’s bound to happen once they figure it out.

I’ve had a sheath my past 4 phones, really digging that moonstone paragon.

Reactions: mikext

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Does anyone think manufacturers will actually change the case designs to cover the camera button ?

Also is anyone considering a Vaja case , they look nice but also have that extra opening along with the existing ones.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I hope that's not material on the back of the new Caudabe cases :confused:
You ordered Ember yet ?

Screenshot 2024-09-13 110340.png

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Does anyone think manufacturers will actually change the case designs to cover the camera button ?

Also is anyone considering a Vaja case , they look nice but also have that extra opening along with the existing ones.
Whose to say the capacitive button is not more receptive to your actual finger than a button in between? I really doubt they do anything for this iteration and probably hold off for the 17 series. Functionality wise, how they have it will work just fine.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Unless there's some sort of ridiculous Apple licensing issue in play I don't see how other manufacturers don't start coming out with their own capacitive buttons, but I also think it's an open question as to whether people will prefer that or direct access to the phone's button.

Reactions: Zensō and techishi

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
I've been looking and thought caudabe was going to have a red/burgundy shell case for iphone 16 pro. no dice this am. has anyone a recommend? 40th anniversary is ruby. I want for anniversary gift.

Unfortunately they bring out new colours later. Looking at my purchase history, the Garnet Red 15 PM Sheath was the following January.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
If licensing isn’t an issue, then demand will dictate whether manufacturers do a button.

If they have to use a material like glass, like the Apple cases, then prices will go up. If they have to deal with licensing, then prices will go way up.

Reactions: Zensō and HouseofG

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
CleanShot 2024-09-13 at 06.29.32@2x.png

I have never been so nervous about a phone case purchase

Something tells me Caudabe had no idea of the extent of the action control button on the new iPhone.

I am not confident this case is going to work well with the button, but I decided to take the gamble. Apple Silicone would have been a great choice but too many photos online of those cases breaking down within a year. I have never had a bad case from Caudabe.

Reactions: Zensō

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Ayyy welcome to the dark side

Switched my order from Gray Synthesis to Black Synthesis. Caudabe caught it on time right before shipping out. I also like the fact that the hole for the capture button won’t stand out with the black on black look.

Also interested in that Spigen Ultra T Magfit in Frost Black and I already have the Apple Stone Gray Silicone in hand.

Reactions: Zensō and Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Switched my order from Gray Synthesis to Black Synthesis. Caudabe caught it on time right before shipping out. I also like the fact that the hole for the capture button won’t stand out with the black on black look.

Also interested in that Spigen Ultra T Magfit in Frost Black and I already have the Apple Stone Gray Silicone in hand.
I'm glad that Caudabe caught it before it shipped, their customer service has been great to me. I agree with the black on black, capture button should blend right in.

That Spigen Ultra T looks sick, gonna have to pick that up when it comes back in stock. I'm still undecided on which color silicone case I wanna get. Not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I picked up a cheap ESR case to hold me over until I decide and until reviews come out on Caudabe cases, etc.

Reactions: JBlass421

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Whose to say the capacitive button is not more receptive to your actual finger than a button in between?
I doubt Apple would have included a button cover on their cases if it negatively affected the functionality of their new heavily promoted button.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
It sure was! I snagged the 16P Black titanium 256gb. Going back small pro since the 12 pro. Looking forward to it. Got the Lake Green silicone and Sienna Minimalist Bullstrap.
Good choice on the Sienna....classic color. I went Terra this time around for the minimalist case. Thats not to say I won't get a closed bottom Sienna when the verdict is out on the changes they made it V2.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Man, I'm going to miss my "Hooterbox" Symmetry case with the orange buttons :(

If anyone needs any 15PM cases cheap, let me know

Reactions: Zensō

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I'm glad that Caudabe caught it before it shipped, their customer service has been great to me. I agree with the black on black, capture button should blend right in.

That Spigen Ultra T looks sick, gonna have to pick that up when it comes back in stock. I'm still undecided on which color silicone case I wanna get. Not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I picked up a cheap ESR case to hold me over until I decide and until reviews come out on Caudabe cases, etc.

Ah ok so you didn’t order any Caudabe at all yet? I held off on the Paragon I’m in no rush for that one. I’ll wait for the reviews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.