Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I doubt Apple would have included a button cover on their cases if it negatively affected the functionality of their new button.
Things wear...you don't know how that case button will function in the longer term....no one does. All I am saying, its made to be touched not covered. People just like to find something to complain about and this for sure will be it this year. No one was up and arms about the mute switch being open for how many years. I just don't get it but to each their own.

Reactions: Zensō

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Ah ok so you didn’t order any Caudabe at all yet? I held off on the Paragon I’m in no rush for that one. I’ll wait for the reviews.
No Caudabe for me yet, but I'm sure eventually I'll fold and get a black Synth lol. I'm holding off on the Paragon for sure until reviews come out. I can't tell but if they're using separate material on the back, it'll definitely be a no go for me.

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
There seems to be a overwhelming preference for one type of case I've never heard of, so much so, people are ordering it when it's likely to not work correctly, as far as buttons go.

Like this is a tread dedicated to them. Anyone at all just getting an Apple case? Granted, FineWoven is a non-no lol

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
This has to be a fake Lake Green. All the videos show a much different color. That or you got another color not Lake Green. That is not close to anything I have seen or green at all.
Nope, that's genuine.

The green is a complete different colour compared to what Apple advertise. This user does seem to be taking the pics under bright light

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Ok, picked up these two combos:
  • 16 Ultramarine + Star Fruit case
  • 16 Pro Max Desert Titanium + Lake Green case
Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 9.59.58 AM.png

I will try both for two weeks and see which one I end up picking.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
There seems to be a overwhelming preference for one type of case I've never heard of, so much so, people are ordering it when it's likely to not work correctly, as far as buttons go.

Like this is a tread dedicated to them. Anyone at all just getting an Apple case? Granted, FineWoven is a non-no lol

Which one? Caudabe?

They are the most popular cases but the cutout for the camera control is a big question this year. Many don't think Caudabe properly sized the cutout for it, but we will see.

There are many getting an Apple case. The problem with silicone, if interested, is that it tends to break down within a year.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Things wear...you don't know how that case button will function in the longer term....no one does. All I am saying, its made to be touched not covered. People just like to find something to complain about and this for sure will be it this year. No one was up and arms about the mute switch being open for how many years. I just don't get it but to each their own.
My assumption is that Apple ran the button cover through some reliability testing, but after the FineWoven debacle maybe you’re right. We’ll find out soon enough.

As for complaining, I’d love to have nothing to complain about with these cases. The problem is these third-party companies are (understandably) in such a rush to get their product to market early in the cycle that they almost always have issues. I’d hope the complaints don’t go unnoticed and that they respond and improve their ever-more-expensive products relatively quickly, but perhaps that‘s asking too much.

Reactions: IconIc215

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

Which case?

If you're referring to Caudabe, then all of their cases have a cut out, not button cover

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

I bought the Apple Silicone in black and stone gray. Also have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid T on backorder, which is one of only a handful of third-party cases with a capacitive cover over the Camera Control.

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
My assumption is that Apple ran the button cover through some reliability testing, but after the FineWoven debacle maybe you’re right. We’ll find out soon enough.
The Finewoven 'debacle' was not a functional issue, so this isn't relevant, I wouldn't think. If Apple had a functional issue, THAT would have been more like unbelievable, although you could also say the Finewoven was unbelievably bad.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Ordered the lake green apple case and mujjo leather case from amazon they had %20 off, i'll keep one and return one.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Good choice on the Sienna....classic color. I went Terra this time around for the minimalist case. Thats not to say I won't get a closed bottom Sienna when the verdict is out on the changes they made it V2.
I am thinking of doing the Flex in black down the road to switch it up. It was longer shipping time, so I went for the Minimalist first. I got the 16P this time since Apple didn't do a premium case and all the leather cases are thicker, so I thought this would keep it light and slim. Plus then pros getting bigger, the pro should still feel good.

I have had the minimalist in the past, so looking forward to this one.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Nope, that's genuine.

The green is a complete different colour compared to what Apple advertise. This user does seem to be taking the pics under bright light
Well I have seen YouTube videos that look nothing like what this users pictures look like. It is much lighter than Apple's site, but those pictures look blue.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I am thinking of doing the Flex in black down the road to switch it up. It was longer shipping time, so I went for the Minimalist first. I got the 16P this time since Apple didn't do a premium case and all the leather cases are thicker, so I thought this would keep it light and slim. Plus then pros getting bigger, the pro should still feel good.

I have had the minimalist in the past, so looking forward to this one.
I have seen a lot of positive on the Flex, so might look into that myself down the road. I would probably get the black one too if I did as the color difference on the Sienna would drive me nuts. The buttons are apparently much better. I have gotten some bad buttons right out of the box before on the minimalist which I just simply ask for a replacement.

Reactions: CrispAppleNerd

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
phonerebel updated their pics a bit by adding gold iPhones a day after the event, this has me hoping they dont take months to release the cases. ive already accepted that they wont be adding a camera control button till at least next year, so lets see how long they take this time

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
phonerebel updated their pics a bit by adding gold iPhones a day after the event, this has me hoping they dont take months to release the cases. ive already accepted that they wont be adding a camera control button till at least next year, so lets see how long they take this time

I have an affiliate account with them so I will keep you all posted

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
I have seen a lot of positive on the Flex, so might look into that myself down the road. I would probably get the black one too if I did as the color difference on the Sienna would drive me nuts. The buttons are apparently much better. I have gotten some bad buttons right out of the box before on the minimalist which I just simply ask for a replacement.
The buttons on the Flex look great! Like Apple's buttons from the leather case and Finewoven cases. Yes once Sienna starts to darken, the sides are gonna look not so great being a different color.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Nobody knows, that's why I held off for now. Praying it's not some type of material :confused:
Doesn’t sound like it is.

“Paragon is beautiful. Its vibrant, scratch-resistant outer shell features a subtle pearlescent sheen and a lightly textured finish. But Paragon is more than just a visually striking case. With drop protection tested to 2m / 6.6 ft, Paragon safeguards your iPhone with a blend of tough polycarbonate and our proprietary ShockLite™ polymer. The fine matte finish and elegantly contoured grooves on the sides enhance grip, while beautifully color-matched, precision-machined aluminum buttons provide satisfyingly tactile feedback.”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.