Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
You could look at their S15 reviews I suppose: https://www.amazon.com/Belemay-Compatible-iPhone-Leather-Magsafe/dp/B0CKPKGC5V

Maybe the smell will dissipate? Some sort of initial treatment maybe?
The smell of the Andar? Probably. Last years cases did not smell like this. But really my issue is the complete cutout. The edge of a screen protector always gets dust stuck to it so that cutout is gonna look nasty.

I looked at the non-crazyhorse leather reviews of the Belemay from last years 15 pro max and it was pretty positive. The crazy horse leather ones not so much, but I wouldn't want that kind of leather anyway as it stains clothes easily.

I could just be patient and wait but I need something for next Friday. I don't want to use the Andar and risk not being able to return it. Only way I keep that one is if the CC button is awful to use with an oval cutout.

Reactions: HouseofG

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
My apologies to Caudabe. They finally responded moments ago.

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we do have a 30 day return/exchange policy. As mentioned in our previous email, our goal was to design a cutout that would enable users to easily access and use the Camera Control button, but wouldn’t be grotesquely large, especially given the slightly awkward placement of the button on the phone itself. The cutout was designed to work seamlessly and so functionality shouldn't be an issue here.
Well, there's a hot take!

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Do I need one of these :confused:

suti.jpg

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
My apologies to Caudabe. They finally responded moments ago.

First of all, so sorry for the delay in response. We're experiencing very high contact volume and it's taking us longer than usual to reply to emails. But let's get this resolved for you! :)

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we do have a 30 day return/exchange policy. As mentioned in our previous email, our goal was to design a cutout that would enable users to easily access and use the Camera Control button, but wouldn’t be grotesquely large, especially given the slightly awkward placement of the button on the phone itself. The cutout was designed to work seamlessly and so functionality shouldn't be an issue here.

Looks like the order has been placed, and we really think you'll like it!

It’s like they dodged giving you a direct answer like yes or no. They just explained their current design and left it at that. SMH

I still bought a sheath and synthesis as their cutout doesn’t look bad like some other cases. Really to me it’s all about the usability, if it’s a smooth experience I’m fine with it as I do love their cases.

Reactions: Djones96

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

I exchanged an iPhone XR for another color in 2018 and there was no restocking fee but I have never returned an open box device at Apple so can’t confirm past 2018. Accessories I know there’s no fee for sure I don’t know with hardware but it seems everyone is sure they don’t. So then they must not.

Last edited:

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
I think people are stressing to much about whether a case has a covered camera button or not.
We'll find out once they get into people's hands. I'm not sure how well the apple case will actually work versus not being covered. That button might be fiddly as it is. One would think they tested their cases thoroughly but as we found out with Fine Woven, maybe not as much as we'd expect.

Since I want leather, I'm going to try the oval cutout design and hope it provides enough access to the button. I'm sure other cases will come out with revised version with a similar conductive cover like Apple's if enough people ask for it and it proves beneficial.

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.