Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just got a Caudabe shipment email about my first order for the black Syntnesis but nothing about the gray Sheath that I ordered at the same time as the Paragon case. Man, they better not hold my Sheath up over that damn Paragon case :(

space220

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Atlanta, GA / Orlando, FL
Thanks, putting this on my list for consideration (no experience with Bellroy to date), but I'm in the same boat and am resigned to waiting out the CC button situation (and any modifications to these designs to actually cover them) until I spend that amount of money to get my leather version.
Bellroy is at the top of my "next buy" list. Heard great things about their customer service and last year, they sent replacement cases with covered Action buttons at no charge (heard 2nd hand).

They are available direct through them, but also on Amazon (at least US). However, you may not get that retroactive case replacement as I mentioned above unless you buy directly from Bellroy.

With 4 solid cases already, gonna wait out the CC button issue as well and use the phone for a while before I commit. Two of my cases have covered buttons by Apple, and two have holes.
I might send an email over to Bellroy to see if they are considering adding the button, will send updates if I get them

Reactions: julit0 and HouseofG

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
For sure. And if they offer an exchange instead of a refund, I may take them up on it. I mean, I like the case in theory, haha.

They still haven't gotten back to me though. I ordered a cheap ESR frosted gray case in the meantime. Clock's ticking.
I need to pay 12 EUR every time I send it back to the UK. Do that 5 times and I'll be at double the costs.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Just got a Caudabe shipment email about my first order for the black Syntnesis but nothing about the gray Sheath that I ordered at the same time as the Paragon case. Man, they better not hold my Sheath up over that damn Paragon case :(
Still nothing from my end and I thought I got my order in early.

• Wow
Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Esr Amo and Torras

IMG_2649.jpeg

Esr Amo and Esr Non Amo

IMG_2648.jpeg

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
Yup. Even width is almost the same.
All down to individual preferences.
I most certainly will be going for ESR Amo purely because of no black borders so i can take full advantage of thin iPhone 16 Pro bezels.
Just curious, are you assuming the Torras black border will not be inside of the 16 Pro bezels?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just mailed my black Apple silicone back for a replacement. The capture button finish was janky on the one side and after looking at the case in better lighting one of the magnets was poking up under the microfiber lining :(

• Wow
Reactions: DigitalGrl and kvlq

psp123

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
Just mailed my black Apple silicone back for a replacement. The capture button finish was janky on the one side and after looking at the case in better lighting one of the magnets was poking up under the microfiber lining :(
Sorry to hear that. How dark is the black case? Is it black or midnight?
Didn't really like the blue tone last year.

ag21

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Went caseless on 15 with AppleCare monthly for first time ever (on any device). It came in handy for a full device replacement a few weeks ago. Don’t think this is worth $65. Really prefer going caseless, but that AC seems like a must if I do that again.
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

soapropos

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2020
Greensboro, NC
what is the draw of the paragon over the sheath/synthesis? just the fact that it isn't textured?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
what is the draw of the paragon over the sheath/synthesis? just the fact that it isn't textured?
Brighter colors mainly. It is different in that it has a hard poly backing plate like the Synthesis, but a microfiber lining like the Sheath, along with a tapered screen lip and ribbed sides similar to the Mous Limitless.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I got the orange Paragon so I'll share my thoughts once it comes in whenever that might be. I've got a Sheath and Synthesis on the way too (which I also just got a shipping notification for).

soapropos

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2020
Greensboro, NC
Brighter colors mainly. It is different in that it has a hard poly backing plate like the Synthesis, but a microfiber lining like the Sheath, along with a tapered screen lip and ribbed sides similar to the Mous Limitless.
they must have switched the materials they use since I got a case from them a few years ago… my 13PM sheath has a matte hard backing plate instead of the fuzzy microfiber texture

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.