Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Spigen do one. Loads on Amazon as well.
I was looking at their camera covers, I suspect they may fall off quite easily too.

My iPhone 14 Pro I used an otterbox case and a jettech camera cover and I’m wondering if it would fit again.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Anyone seen a nice case that can fit a camera cover in too?
i have this case for my 15pm and used it for several months. its a nice case with great camera protection.

Reactions: sim667

HouseofG

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
The Apple Silicone case and that new Beats case have a side button, neither of which many people on here to seem to be interested in though.
Definitely true about the Beats case but I feel like at least a third of the posts in this thread are about the Apple Silicone case. That one seems to be quite popular, at the very least as a CC button cover fallback until there are more third party options.

dtuck90

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Had my OtterBox Lumen for 16 Pro delivered from Apple Store today. Can confirm the camera button is covered on this case.

£40 with blue light discount

space220

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Atlanta, GA / Orlando, FL
I might send an email over to Bellroy to see if they are considering adding the button, will send updates if I get them
Okay, heard back from Bellroy. They were a little unclear as to whether they were considering adding it as a button, but they said that they 'have put a lot of thought into the size and shape of the cut-out to make sure you can fully access the button'.

Reactions: julit0

HouseofG

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Okay, heard back from Bellroy. They were a little unclear as to whether they were considering adding it as a button, but they said that they 'have put a lot of thought into the size and shape of the cut-out to make sure you can fully access the button'.
Thanks for the update. I imagine anyone currently trying to sell cases without a CC button cover has to be a bit obtuse about this so as not to cannibalize current sales.

Reactions: space220 and Zensō

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Thanks for checking @space220
Thanks for the update. I imagine anyone currently trying to sell cases without a CC button cover has to be a bit obtuse about this so as not to cannibalize current sales.

Last year, I had the same hangup with Andar. They e-mailed me pretty strongly and curtly: No, we're not putting a button on the Action button. (still have the e-mails). Then about 2 weeks later, after I had already processed and sent my case for a refund, they turn around and put a covered action button on. I liked that Andar case and had I not been a little salty from that customer service episode, I probably would've had an Andar Aspen in my rotation.

We'll probably see some casemakers go back once phones are in hand. I'm sure they have Apple Silicon cases and are trying to replicate that button for feasibility.

iMatt.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Cupertino
I ordered the Spigen clear MagSafe case, but I am going to return it and I've just ordered the Apple Clear case. I think the cutout for the camera control will be annoying so much rather just pay a premium for something that (should) work how it's intended. I'd love to go cashless but honestly I don't trust myself putting it down in the gym etc.

Reactions: julit0 and Mr.C

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I’ve got tons of intel from different brands and this situation is being handled much differently than the action button. Much more complicated than the action button but curious to see how the cases that have the button works. After conversation with 3 major case brands, I can kinda understand the reasoning behind making the cutout right now. Majority of brands aren’t going to have a button and for someone like Spigen, they have like one case with the button because everyone is up in the air until the phone gets in hand.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I’ve got tons of intel from different brands and this situation is being handled much differently than the action button. Much more complicated than the action button but curious to see how the cases that have the button works. After conversation with 3 major case brands, I can kinda understand the reasoning behind making the cutout right now. Majority of brands aren’t going to have a button and for someone like Spigen, they have like one case with the button because everyone is up in the air until the phone gets in hand.

Have any indicated that they're working on adding button covers, like some brands did for the Action Button? Or is it going to be cutouts as far as the eye can see this year?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Have any indicated that they're working on adding button covers, like some brands did for the Action Button? Or is it going to be cutouts as far as the eye can see this year?
There has been some that “might” make updates but honestly I think this go around we are going to have to deal with the cutout. Companies weren’t sure if the button was going to work, if they did then someone like Spigen would’ve had the button on all their cases instead of one.

Have to think about it that way from a business standpoint. Can’t take the risk and the button not work the way it’s intended and have dead inventory. This is nothing like the action button. They were thinking is going to be capacitive only, not an actually button also. Little more tricky. Might make a follow up video talking about all of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.