Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
One brand told me they went through 15 or more revisions of the cutout but they perfected it.
Perfected for whom is the question. Fingertip sizes vary quite a lot, so it seems unlikely the same cutout will work equally well for everyone. I suppose the huge cutouts as seen on the Mous Limitless and Otterbox Defender are the safest bet, but boy are they ugly.

Assuming a functional design, the solution is clearly a capacitive button cover…

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Couple beaters in today. The see thru Gripzilla is definitely not matte, it's clear but the quality seems top notch. The second beater is the Spigen Ultra Hybrid in frosted. Welcome to the HOLE :rolleyes: Here are a couple quick pics:

cz01.jpg
cz04.jpg
hb01.jpg
hb02.jpg

12Mini_to_16Pro

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
Amazon has the official Apple 16 cases for $41.99 for Limited time sale.

16 Pro Max: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Silicone-MagSafe-Control/dp/B0DGHLFC4M
16 Pro: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-MagSafe-Camera-Control/dp/B0DGHH7S34
16: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Silicone-MagSafe-Control/dp/B0DGHBV93Q

I decided to purchase one because the official case should work seamlessly with the new camera control function. Worth buying until other companies figure out the button themselves.

Edit: Added a link

Last edited:

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
I had ordered and had delivered an ESR clear case like the one I’m currently using with my 15 Pro Max but I’m also concerned about the cutout used by the third party cases. I’m going to probably return it. The Spigen Ultra Hybrid T MagSafe case that has the cover is listed on Amazon but is currently out of stock but I’ve preordered it.

However I’m not sure how well it’s going to work. I’ve always been reluctant to buy the official Apple cases as I feel they’re overpriced but I’ve just preordered the clear one as I’m sure the camera button will work fine with it. I’ll try both the Apple and Spigen ones and see how they are once I get them and hopefully returning one for a refund if I can.
Is it this case : https://amzn.eu/d/g62K483 ?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Amazon has the official Apple 16 cases for $41.99 for Limited time sale.

16 Pro: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Silicone-MagSafe-Control/dp/B0DGHLFC4M
16: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Silicone-MagSafe-Control/dp/B0DGHBV93Q

I decided to purchase one because the official case should work seamlessly with the new camera control function. Worth buying until other companies figure out the button themselves.
Legit! Thanks for the heads up. Better than the VeteranEPP pricing.

Interesting that Denim isn't part of that - but all other colors.

Reactions: 12Mini_to_16Pro

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
Legit! Thanks for the heads up. Better than the VeteranEPP pricing.

Interesting that Denim isn't part of that - but all other colors.
It was yesterday. Shipping dates slipped all the way into mid to late November for Denim. I guess that’s why it’s no longer being offered as demand is just too high for that color.

Reactions: julit0

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
I ordered the Spigen clear MagSafe case, but I am going to return it and I've just ordered the Apple Clear case. I think the cutout for the camera control will be annoying so much rather just pay a premium for something that (should) work how it's intended. I'd love to go cashless but honestly I don't trust myself putting it down in the gym etc.
Did you order the Spigen case with the covered button, or you mean you ordered one of the styles without a covered button? They have both

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
Well what people don’t know is that even though it’s a cutouts, companies spent a lot of time designing the cutout to be as comfortable as possibly. One brand told me they went through 15 or more revisions of the cutout but they perfected it. So it will be curious to see how they all are once we get the phone.
I see my bank account taking a hit on trying different leather cases designs this year.... Looking forward to your review videos!

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I've settled in on the Rebel Air (coming 10/15) and the Caudabe Synthesis. I have a third (cheap) case to hold me until the others get here, but I may send it back unopened. I spend way too much on cases... and then end up loving one of the many. Happens every year.

Reactions: tcdav26

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Silicone Apple cases have always gotten complaints for lint and peeling so I’m not enticed to get one. I’ll save my money I guess and stick to an ESR clear case or the Spigen with the covered button.

tcdav26

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
Yarmouthport, MA
I’ve got tons of intel from different brands and this situation is being handled much differently than the action button. Much more complicated than the action button but curious to see how the cases that have the button works. After conversation with 3 major case brands, I can kinda understand the reasoning behind making the cutout right now. Majority of brands aren’t going to have a button and for someone like Spigen, they have like one case with the button because everyone is up in the air until the phone gets in hand.
I’m so glad I’ve been using the Phone Rebel Flex series since day one! Fastest they’ve been released ever… and still 3 weeks late hahaha!

DJL311

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
Do cases that cover the camera control feel like the cover depresses to accommodate the button depressing? I was wondering if case manufacturers expected a button that moves or purely a capacitive touch button like the old home button.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Do cases that cover the camera control feel like the cover depresses to accommodate the button depressing? I was wondering if case manufacturers expected a button that moves or purely a capacitive touch button like the old home button.
My Otterbox Lumen seems to depress very slightly.

Reactions: DJL311

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
IMG_9149.jpeg
IMG_9150.jpeg

I’m thinking about getting these three to go together, has anyone looked at these before and know if they’re ok quality?

12Mini_to_16Pro

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
I was curious why people would choose the Spigen Hybrid T over the OEM Apple clear case, but I noticed that the Spigen covers the bottom as well.

So I'm wondering if Apple's design might leave the bottom exposed to help with heat dissipation on the plastic hard cases.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.