Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
That’s very interesting. So apple cases will have the button covered but still useable whereas 3rd party manufacturers won’t.
If this is true, we’re going to have one heck of a mess in the case market again as third-party manufacturers scramble to update their designs, perhaps to an even worse extent than we did last year with the Action button.

Last edited:

Tsara Bomba

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2011
Derry, Northern Ireland
Ordered the Spigen Style Armour and had to go old school with the wallpaper.

Edit: Just realised I post this in wrong thread. Mods can you move to iPhone 15 Pro?

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 53

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
apple only function😄

That’s very interesting. So apple cases will have the button covered but still useable whereas 3rd party manufacturers won’t.
This seems rather weird. How will Apple's cases work with the capture button covered, but 3rd party has to cover it? What kind of magic is this rumor suggesting will be in the Apple cases? I am very intrigued.

Edit: I guess they are putting a capacitive material on the top of button on the cases to keep it capacitive. We are going to get the magic silicone case, and the magic FineWoven/pleather/who the hell knows what material cases from Apple. They are now magic 🪄😂

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
This seems rather weird. How will Apple's cases work with the capture button covered, but 3rd party has to cover it? What kind of magic is this rumor suggesting will be in the Apple cases? I am very intrigued.

Edit: I guess they are putting a capacitive material on the top of button on the cases to keep it capacitive. We are going to get the magic silicone case, and the magic FineWoven/pleather/who the hell knows what material cases from Apple. They are now magic 🪄😂
And we'll have to pay double the price for them

Reactions: CrispAppleNerd

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
You're probably not wrong. I usually stick with the Apple 1st party cases, so I really dont see that changing now. The cutout for the capture button to me is really ugly.
I've basically had a whole year away from Apple cases due to the FineWoven saga but just recently, I've been wanting one.

Think I may go to FineWoven, if that's what they release, this year and see how I get on.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
I've basically had a whole year away from Apple cases due to the FineWoven saga but just recently, I've been wanting one.

Think I may go to FineWoven, if that's what they release, this year and see how I get on.
Same, I preorder the iPhone 15PM last year and ordered the black FineWoven case. Got the case home and just could not love it like I did the Apple leather cases. Not great leather I know, but still a great case for me. So ended up cancelling my 15PM order (but for several reasons), and I am still rocking the 14 pro. I am still wondering if I can wait another year, or if I just bit the bullet and go FW this year and get the 16 pro. In the assumption that is what Apple releases this time. The magic FineWoven. Just something about those Apple 1st party cases.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I’m leaning toward a clear apple case this time. I’m hoping they have some color on them (like the MagSafe ring) but we’ll see. It’s either that or Caudabe, I had a Synthesis that I loved.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Same, I preorder the iPhone 15PM last year and ordered the black FineWoven case. Got the case home and just could not love it like I did the Apple leather cases. Not great leather I know, but still a great case for me. So ended up cancelling my 15PM order (but for several reasons), and I am still rocking the 14 pro. I am still wondering if I can wait another year, or if I just bit the bullet and go FW this year and get the 16 pro. In the assumption that is what Apple releases this time. The magic FineWoven. Just something about those Apple 1st party cases.
If the rumors are correct, FineWoven products were discontinued some time ago.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Yep, exactly that.

Although the Caudabe case with the shamphered edges looks intriguing. I tried a few Sheaths this year but just found them too square.
Caudate aren't a bad choice. Maybe have to pick up one before it's all said and done.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
If the rumors are correct, FineWoven products were discontinued some time ago.
That is correct, back in April, but the rumors have been that Apple was still going to try and run out what was made already for the 16s. Some think it could be something else, but most are assuming we would have seen some leaks by now if there was another material being used.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
That is correct, back in April, but the rumors have been that Apple was still going to try and run out what was made already for the 16s. Some think it could be something else, but most are assuming we would have seen some leaks by now if there was another material being used.
My understanding was that Apple was selling through the existing stock for the 15, but wouldn’t be manufacturing any new stock for the 16. It’ll be interesting to see what they do.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
My understanding was that Apple was selling through the existing stock for the 15, but wouldn’t be manufacturing any new stock for the 16. It’ll be interesting to see what they do.
Maybe you are right, would be nice because FW just wasn't the answer. I really wish they would back track and go back to leather, but I highly doubt that ever happens. Hopefully a decent cactus leather or something similar.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It looks like leather to me in the image. Maybe just new colors of their current cases.
The case in the image appears to be a new version of the Synthesis, which has TPU sides joined to a poly back plate. In addition, this new case appears to have a microfiber lining, floating buttons, and side ribs similar to the Mous Limitless. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing leather in this image.

steckw1

Suspended
Sep 3, 2024
TORRAS CASES in the house !

Got in two Torras cases today for the iPhone 16 Pro Max and they are pretty sweet. Both have a nice frosted back that does not show any fingerprints. Floating buttons that are plastic but float different than any buttons I've seen in the past and are buttery smooth. Both cases have strong Magsafe with the pop out metal stands and are of very high quality. Here are a couple quick pictures including a couple showing it next to my 15 Pro Max in the Caudabe Synthesis case. 19PM is going to be quite a bit bigger than the 15PM.
I'll have more pictures once I receive the new phone :oops:
love the kickstand case. Can't wait to get new TORRAS case for my 16 pro.

Reactions: Hooterville

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Just found this Supcase case for the 16 Pro Max and what's VERY interesting is that it looks like it has something for the Capture button. Looks like the yellow dots may be a conductive material as they seem to go from the outside to the inside.

If so it adds weight to official Apple cases having something similar and the cutouts a LOT of the case makers are going with looks like maybe the wrong choice. We'll see I guess.

Here's a few pics of the Supcase UB Grip.

Image 1.jpg

Image.jpg

Reactions: Hooterville
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.