Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
T-Mobile has buy 3 accessories get 25% off. They have all the silicone colors and even an Apple charger counts as one of the 3 items. Online and in store.

$37.49 each for my Ultramarine and Lake Green and a $15 brick

r.d

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
IMG_8378.jpeg

New Beats case on my 16 Pro Max. It's not too slippery for a plastic case!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I’m actually returning both the Sheath and Synthesis.

They were quick to reply and sent me a return label. The Synthesis was a no go for me period this year and I absolutely love the Sheath but the cutout is a no go for me, it feels awkward holding in hand and no matter how awesome the rest of the case is I couldn’t settle.

I’ve been using Caudabe since iPhone 6 so it feels strange to not choose them this year but I sent them a detailed email about my review on the Sheath and Synthesis. Definitely mentioned the cutout being the biggest downfall for me and that I will buy the Sheath in a heartbeat once they release a button version as it is still my favorite case.

They came back quickly with a great long response but to boil it down, the feedback was much appreciated and my thoughts have been passed to the team internally.

I’m sure they’ll come out with a button version, it’s only a matter of time. Until then it’s Apple silicone for me right now.
Crap, I haven't even tried my Synthesis yet and have the Sheath on the way. Also paid for the pre order red joint.

This does not sound good :confused:

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Loving the Sheath so far, the fit and buttons are amazing, except I’ve been really spoiled by the Apple silicone case’s proper camera capture button integration. The cutout makes the button significantly more difficult to press and just kind of feels weird when the phone is in hand.

Very weird year for cases, not sure I’m gonna be able to deal with the cutouts when a button on the case itself feels and functions so much better.

Reactions: dbagg and HouseofG

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
You might just accept the cutout maybe? You can definitely cancel that pre order if you wanted.

Yea, that massive chunk out of the side surely ruins the feel and handling of the case. I think this is going to be a common problem with most of these cases with a big hole in the side.

Man, we really didn't need this damn camera button :mad:

Otherwise the Sheath's buttons and fit are great. Here's a quick pic:

sheath01.jpg

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Loving the Sheath so far, the fit and buttons are amazing, except I’ve been really spoiled by the Apple silicone case’s proper camera capture button integration. The cutout makes the button significantly more difficult to press and just kind of feels weird when the phone is in hand.

Very weird year for cases, not sure I’m gonna be able to deal with the cutouts when a button on the case itself feels and functions so much better.

I’m loving my Sheath too. Got it yesterday and haven’t taken it off except for when I tried the Synthesis. I prefer the Sheath, but both are great. The new metal buttons feel and look fantastic. Fit and finish is great as usual.

I may be in the minority, but I think the cutout on the Sheath is really easy to use. Sure, it’s not as easy to use as on the naked phone, but I have no problems at all clicking, double clicking, swiping. Works perfectly. For what it is, a cutout, I think they nailed it. A button would be better, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me because of how much I like the case. Just like the action button, I doubt I’ll be using the camera control button much at all.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 2424371 View attachment 2424370

This is how warped my Mous Limitless 6.0 is. It doesn’t even fit my iPhone 16 Pro Max.

If anyone has a Caudabe Sheath in Grey for 16 Pro Max laying around, I’m willing to take it over from you. :)

Seeing this is why I think the Sheath’s cutout works well. It’s just big enough without taking a chunk out of the case. After using the phone for a day now, you just don’t need a cutout that big for the camera button.

fhamadeh

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
San Mateo, CA
Just want to provide this feedback for folks who may be considering the Apple Silicon Case. I've avoided the silicon cases since Apple introduced them. I toughed out an entire year with a FineWoven case (which I didn't think was all that bad). This year I finally bit the bullet and purchased a silicon case and…I actually really like it. The fit is great, I love the fact that the camera action button is covered, and the color is great (I opted for denim with my black iPhone). Out of the box, the case is fairly slippery, but even after one day of handling, it seems to be getting "stickier." Your mileage may vary, but I just wanted to put this out there as one more data point for folks.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Spigen Ultra Hybrid T with the camera control button works flawlessly! Works just like the Apple cases.

Supcase not so much. It works just not as good.

The ball is in all these other case companies court.
I had the Spigen Ultra Hybrid T delivered today. I’ve not put the case on yet as I’ve still to setup the phone but it’s good to hear the camera button works well with it. 😃👍 I had the official Apple clear case delivered yesterday but it’s probably going to be returned. I’m not keen on the open bottom.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just want to provide this feedback for folks who may be considering the Apple Silicon Case. I've avoided the silicon cases since Apple introduced them. I toughed out an entire year with a FineWoven case (which I didn't think was all that bad). This year I finally bit the bullet and purchased a silicon case and…I actually really like it. The fit is great, I love the fact that the camera action button is covered, and the color is great (I opted for denim with my black iPhone). Out of the box, the case is fairly slippery, but even after one day of handling, it seems to be getting "stickier." Your mileage may vary, but I just wanted to put this out there as one more data point for folks.
Thanks for your report; I’m quite enjoying mine too. I was starting to wonder if confirmation bias was influencing my perception of the case, but it does seem the material has been reformulated for the better this year.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Gripzilla Clear back case, fits great, feels great, looks great but it's heading back to Amazon o_O That clear back is one of the worst fingerprint magnets I've ever seen and I don't do clear cases.

The ESR $15. kit beater case is pretty decent but in the long run it's just a cheap beater.

zil01.jpg
eb01.jpg

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Anyone with a Otterbox Figura case? Someone here said the camera cut out is loose, can someone please test against the new phone and confirm?

Interestingly, they are all unavailable on the Apple Store app now in Australia/ US sites and they were all available for pickup up the day before. Did they pull the whole range?
It appears they did pull it. I was the one who said it was loose and it's just as bad installed on the phone.you can push back the sliver of silicone they left for the camera capture button very easily. I can see it getting warped quickly. All edges of the case are rather flimsy as well and barely provide a lip around the screen.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yea, that massive chunk out of the side surely ruins the feel and handling of the case. I think this is going to be a common problem with most of these cases with a big hole in the side.

Man, we really didn't need this damn camera button :mad:

Otherwise the Sheath's buttons and fit are great. Here's a quick pic:

View attachment 2424746
Thanks for your report and the pic. Looks great.

I went out for a long walk/photo shoot this morning, shooting video of my daughter’s hyperactive corgi and taking some landscape and macro photos. For that kind of use the Camera Control is very good. There’s some muscle memory that needs to get built up, but that will only get more fluid and intuitive with practice. I can see how many might not be interested, but I’d suggest giving it a chance if a person has any interest in improving their photos/videos.

Reactions: Pug72 and Mr.C

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Hmmm...there's fuzz etc. getting stuck to the edges of my ESR Armorite screen protector, where it leaves that gap at the screen edge and case lip. Hoping it gets less sticky over time...? In the meantime, OCD alert!

I am with you. Might be losing the screen protector.

Chateaunole-du-Pape

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2022
I’ve come to the following conclusions…

The Apple silicone is great to hold, but the standard buttons (not the camera control, that one is fantastic) absolutely ruin the experience compared to a caudabe sheath.

The caudabe sheath has amazing buttons, but the cutout is pretty bad. It makes holding the phone in the hand feel completely awkward. Also the camera control cutout is NOT as usable as the camera control button on the Apple silicone.

Conclusion: if caudabe wants to compete, they will need to adopt the Apple style button for the camera control, anything less is too much of a compromise and not in a good way! For now, I’ll be using the sheath; however, I fully hope and expect caudabe to do their part and design a proper camera control button. 😔

EDIT: I felt so strongly about what I said above, I just went and emailed caudabe about it. Hopefully more people do the same!
Glad you have found something you like. Buttons aside, could you please explain the appeal of the Caudabe Sheath? In fairness, I have never handled one in person, but every time I get a new phone, I look at them online and just don't feel drawn to them at all. The texture looks sandpapery and uncomfortable to hold, and the colors aren't to my taste. What am I missing? I know that it's very popular so there must be some good reasons for that, but I can't see myself wanting one.

I'm very pleased with the Apple silicone case so far. The texture is very comfortable in the hand. The buttons are plenty responsive and clicky, and it doesn't seem too hard to pull out of a pocket, nor does it seem to attract lint or cat hair to a significant degree. I'll probably still be looking for a leather case - I was very pleased with the Apple one I had for the 14 Pro - but will probably wait until we see what the best solution for the camera control button turns out to be.

Reactions: artfossil

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Same deal here, noticed some crap building along the edges of the protector when I just changed cases :confused:

I only started running a screen protector on my iPhone end of last year on my two year old iPhone 14PM, and thought I would try on this. Bad idea, but I love the feel of the curved glass. My Bullstrap Minimalist case in coming Monday, and I think with the open bottom I am gonna hate the feel of the screen protector. It’s probably coming off before that because of the crap building up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.