Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
Big optics gives better images. Even Apple (actually Sony of course) have to follow the laws of physics (diffraction in this case).
That being said, I would be willing to accept a trade off in image quality for a thinner, lighter phone.

I recently switched to a flip phone for a digital detox, with a 2 megapixel camera and ya know, it wasn’t that bad lol. The pictures have a dreamy lo-fi quality that was kind of charming.

I could easily get by with a smaller sensor 8-12 megapixel camera like what we had on the 6/6s

Reactions: gusmula

Dark_Omen

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2021
The average bench press and curl for women is like half that of men. Imagine doubling the weight of the Pro Max and that’s what it feels like for us to hold it.

Also because it’s tall there’s a lever action which makes it feel even heavier while you’re holding it by the bottom. It’s not the same as just holding it in your palm.
And yet, they can still hold 2 lbs. A little kid can have a Pro Max and won’t complain about how heavy it is…

deevey

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2004
And yet, they can still hold 2 lbs. A little kid can have a Pro Max and won’t complain about how heavy it is…
Just because they don't know any different, doesn't mean the rest of us don't remember the days when you could use a phone one-handed and they weighed next to nothing.

Reactions: MartyvH and McWetty

John_Blackthorne

macrumors member
May 4, 2024
Chiraq
This is reminiscent of when there was a rumor of an "iPhone Math."

That would be the iPhone 6+.

To those who remember, the rumor came from China, I think.

Anyway, the "Math" rumor was an error in translation.

The plus was interpreted as "Math," and away people went.

I can't imagine Apple naming a phone, their Halo product (one of them, anyway), "slim."

If it's just a placeholder name for fan sites, fine, I guess.

Reactions: MartyvH

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
If the iPhone is 6.55", then it only make sense for the smaller version by scale to be 5.99".

I would not be surprised if Apple call it 6.5" and 5.9".

chateau20

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2024
We don't need thinner phones, we need smaller phones.
Apple should go back iPhone 4S size, now that was the perfect pocketable portable size.

robgreene

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
Apple could just make a phone for adults instead of for children.

Only children post heavily photoshopped selfies on Snapchat 24/7 with the easter egg colored phones.

Make an ultra model with neutral colors and a back that's flush with the camera (the back is so ugly on the current models). Screen size? 7 inches.

7? Why not make it 8?

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
« while remaining larger than the iPhone 17 and iPhone 17 Pro, which are expected to feature 6.1- and 6.3-inch displays, respectively. »

Uhhh what? The iPhone 17 will have a 6.3 display, not 6.1

Reactions: MartyvH
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.