Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreEdv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Hello. Can I use my iPhone 6s Norwegian SIM card to activate an iPhone 2g, and then take it out again to use it in my iPhone 6s?
Thanks for answers.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Possible,but before buying one,be sure it works. Not sure about which adapter amazon sell,as we don't have that company in my part of Europe.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It will likely be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier it is from. You can unlock it via one of the many unlocking tools available for an iPhone 2G.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Older thread, but what Intel said ^.

Not quite the same but I have an iPhone 3GS active right now running on the SIM from my iPhone 7 (nano SIM to standard SIM adapter). It's on AT&T but it's also unlocked and it was on Straight Talk previously. Still works great!

I'd think as long as you've got EDGE out there it'd be able to activate and if it's unlocked. Tons of tools out there for that, though they are on the older side most still work on macOS or Windows.

Emmie123

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2017
you cant use i phone 2g sim in i phone 6 sim because 2g sim is big in size or i phone 6 sim in small in size

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.